Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBuen2
Beginner

Trying to find a compatible driver for the Intel Graphics component of my motherboard.

I have a Gigabyte H310M M.2 2.0 motherboard and I use Win7. Gigabyte does not provide graphics driver for Win7.

I tried to install Intel Driver and Support Assistant (installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 first) but I'm still receiving error message ["#(loc.NET452WIN7RTMErrorMessage)"], so I can't count on this software to identify the graphics component of my motherboard.

One of these would help me:

• Is there any Win7 driver that would work with this motherboard? Anyone that works would be ok, even if it the video does not work in its full capabilities;
  • Any clues on how to solve this Intel DSA installation problem?

Thank you,

D.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

There is no driver support for Windows 7 on any 7th generation or later Intel Core processor. Gigabyte should have told you that. Starting with the 7th generation processors, only Windows 10 is supported.

Windows 7 is completely EOL 'ed come January. Time to upgrade to Windows 10. Did you know that you can still use your Windows 7 license key to install Windows 10?

If you don't like Windows 10, you have no alternative other than switching to some distro of Linux instead.

Reality bites,

...S

DBuen2
Beginner

Thank you Scott for your reply. I thought there could be a chance of partial compatibility.

Maybe I'll switch to Linux soon.

Regards,

D.