Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20977 Discussions

Trying to update drivers

SBart1
Beginner

Hi, I have been trying to update my Intel HD Graphics drivers, but I keep running into the "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" error.

I have an HP Pavilion dv5-2045dx with an Intel Core i3-350M processor. According to the HP website, I have the latest drivers, but the last update was from 2010. Trying to install the generic drivers gives the error message above, with both the EXE and ZIP versions. Manually installing them through the Device Manager isn't working, as it says I already have the latest driver.

Is there anything I can do, or am I stuck with outdated drivers?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
SBart1
Beginner

I do get the error from the EXE file, and when I try the work-around, Windows tells me my driver is already up to date - which it isn't. My installed driver is from 7/28/2010.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello eclectish,

In this case, I recommend you trying again with the .exe file and if issue persists, I recommend you contacting your computer system manufacturer so they can provide the software specifically designed for your computer.

0 Kudos