Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Two driver regressions

AKuss
Beginner

I usually don't report issues to corporations due to their bad reputation of dealing with them (years old, open issues which never get resolved or even discussed) but it's worth a try.

Regression #1:

Application: Dolphin

First bad driver: 26.20.100.6890

How to reproduce:

1. Grab yourself a Dolphin development build
  2. Set the graphics backend to Vulkan
  3. Run the attached fifo.dff (remove .txt extension)
  4. You should see this error: Failed to submit command buffer.

Regression #2:

Application: RPCS3

First bad driver: 26.20.100.7372

How to reproduce:

1. Get yourself a RPCS3 build before v0.0.7-9130
  2. Follow the quickstart (install firmware)
  3. Set the graphics backend to Vulkan
  4. Run an ELF file (you can find demos in rpcs3/dev_hdd0/game/TEST12345/USRDIR)
  5. Resize the new window (with the graphics output)

Hint: The driver doesn't report VK_ERROR_OUT_OF_DATE_KHR anymore.

In both cases the other graphics backend do work as intended so it's only Vulkan that needs to get fixed. Good luck!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

AKuss, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Thank you very much as well for providing those results and letting us know that information, we really appreciate your feedback and we will send it to the proper department for them to be aware of your comments.

Just to let you know, if by any chance you have further insights, questions or comets about this topic, you can always submit your inquiry in our Intel® Developer Zone where you will receive further peer to peer assistance on this matter:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forum

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AKuss
Beginner

I'm really grateful that you went ahead and closed this ticket @AlbertR_Intel​ despite this issue not being fixed at all. Time really flies because it's been five months without any improvements nor updates on your side. Can you at least tell me if this was looked into or if I should just avoid Vulkan in these two applications?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello AKuss, Thank you very much for your response.

Let me apologize if I was not clear enough on my previous post and for all the inconvenience this might have caused you.

In order to get further technical assistance on this matter, please visit, sing in and submit your inquiry in our Intel® Developer Zone site where you will receive further peer to peer assistance on this matter and further details about this topic:

https://software.intel.com/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos