Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

UHD: 3D vs. Video Processing function when using a 2nd monitor

Floser
Beginner

Hi there,

I'm using a laptop that has a dedicated 3070 and an integrated gpu. I use a second monitor and I often watch youtube or something on the smaller laptop monitor and do some other stuff on the external monitor. Usually it works just fine

Now, for certain web video players (amazon for example) I have problems when using the external monitor. For some reason whenever I plug in the 2nd monitor the integrated gpu switches from "3D" to "Video processing" in the task manager and it becomes really laggy (see the screenshot).

How can I force the integrated gpu to keep using the "3D-function"? also, why is chrome using the integrated gpu in the first place when I set in the nvidia control panel that chrome is supposed to use the dedicated gpu? I mean it's not necessary, the integrated should handle the 1080p videos just fine but it doesnt when it switches into that "video processing" mode.

many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

Floser
Beginner

Thanks, I attached the scan.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Floser, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the problem with the 3D function persists and if you still need assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Floser, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos