Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

UHD 620 on my Thinkpad L580 doenst support 3440 x 1440 resulution

VNach1
Beginner

Hi guys,

for my L580 I had bought a 34" QHD monitor in order to increase productivity.

Monitor is from Iiyama model: XUB3493WQSU

CPU: i7 8550U.

Cable: Premium high speed HDMI original from monitor

When I check available resulution than I see recommented max. at 2560 x 1440 pixel which is very strange for me because UHD 620 should be able up to 4096x2304 @ 24 Hz.

Drivers are from 22.05.2020

Can someone help to change resulution to 3440 x 1440 ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AdrianM_Intel

Hello VNach1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

Please run the following tool and attach the report generated. 

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

With the monitor connected please generate the following report:

Intel® Graphics Command Center report. 

• Open Intel® Graphics Command Center. 
  • Click on support. 
  • Click on the tab System Diagnostic. 
  • Generate report. 
  • Save the file. 
  • Upload the file to the thread. 

1. Even if the monitor comes with its own cable, have you tested a different high quality certified cable 2.0?
  2. Have you tested any other monitor that supports these resolutions or similar?

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VNach1
Beginner

Hi Adrian,

please find attched report from SSU.

I have only a application called Intel graphics control panel. It looks like a different application you wrote?!

Regarding cable I'm sure it is okay because I work remote and my VPN computer on the other side works fine with 3440 x 1440 on my Iiyama, but not when I disconnect to my own notebook source.

Strange.

0 Kudos
VNach1
Beginner

got it with the command center... please find attached file.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello VNach1,

Thank you for your response.

Based on the report provided our controller is detecting on the resolution you are looking for so in this case from our side the controller is working fine you might check the reports so you can see the resolutions detected (Second monitor).

This could be related to bandwidth so if possible try to test a different cable 2.0 certified or it could be related to the laptop port.

• Have you checked if the resolution appears on Windows* settings?
  • Is there any other port from your laptop that you can test? (display port).

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
VNach1
Beginner

unfortunatly I have no second HDMI port on my notebook, I only have testet second port on my monitor, also here no success.

With my second notebook (HP ProBook with Intel HD Graphics 4600) which has only a display port I have no problems.

Again, for me it looks that the UHD 620 doens't support 3440 x 1440 @60 or 75Hz.

Cable looks not the problem, I found two HDMI 2.0 cabels in my garage both from different producer = no cable issue from my point of view.

Could you kindly check on your side?

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello VNach1,

Thank you for your response.

Based on the reports provided we can see that the controller is detecting that resolution and based on our website

Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor supports HDMI 1.4 4096x2304@24Hz and DP 4096x2304@60Hz and we think that this could be related to OEM customizations.

It's worth mentioning that based on your chipset, monitor capabilities, and manufacturer configurations, your maximum supported resolution can vary.

This is based on established industry standards.

• HDMI 1.4 Max. Effective Bandwidth = 8Gbs
  • HDMI 2.0 Max. Effective Bandwidth = 14.4Gbps
  • DP 1.2 Max. Effective Bandwidth = 17.28 Gbps

doing the calculation with ''Kramer''

• 4096x2304@24Hz = 6.79 Gbps
  • 3440x1440 @60Hz = 8.92 Gbps

If you use a lower refresh rate can you set up this resolution?

Please allow me some time to update the thread so I can check this resolution on my end.

Note:

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello VNach1,

I would like to update the thread.

I tested this resolution with Intel® UHD Graphics 620 I performed a straight connection HDMI to HDMI, same driver 27.20.100.8190 and I was able to set this resoluiton up on a monitor that supports this resolution and higher. (Screenshots attached to the thread).

Our recommendation will be to check this with the system manufacturer of your laptop since this could be limited and customized by design, you already tested different cables and the reports previously shared showed that the resolutions can be seen by the controller however it can not be set up so this can be related to customizations on the system.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
posted a file.
0 Kudos