Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

UHD 750 Forza Horizon 4 crashes to the desktop without error

Nerkan
Beginner

After updating to the new beta driver 30.0.100.9667 (latest version), Forza Horizon 4 started crashing to the desktop without errors immediately after loading into the main menu, or, if it was possible to load the game in the main menu, crashed during gaming. Rolled back to the previous driver 27.20.100.9616, on which the frame rate drops after a while, but the game does not crash. I did not immediately write about the problem, because sometimes I was able to play and did not think that after a while it would crash so often and wanted to wait for a new driver to be released that could solve the problem.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerkan,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Do you have your BIOS and operating system up to date?

3. Do you see the same behavior with other games? If so, which ones?

4. Have you tried the BETA driver version?

5. Have you tried getting in contact with the game developer to confirm that the game is optimized for the latest Intel platforms?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Nerkan
Beginner

1. BIOS and operating system updated to the latest version. 

2. No crashes were observed in other games.

3. Yes, the latest beta driver is installed 30.0.100.9667. Previous non-beta drivers have artifacts in their applications, so I don't install them.

4. No, I have not established contact with the developers. On the previous beta driver, the game worked fine, without crashes, but after 10-15 minutes of playing, there was a decrease in FPS.  Attached a screenshot of the game benchmark from the previous version of the driver, since the game crashes and I can't make a benchmark.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerkan, 

Based on the report sent, I would like you to try the following:

1. Try with MSI drivers version, you may need to contact MSI for installation steps:

- https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-Z490-GAMING-PLUS#down-driver&Win10%2064

2. If MSI drivers did not work, try with Intel drivers version 27.20.100.9466:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

3. Have you run the optional Windows updates?

4. Try to get in contact with the game developer to confirm that the game is optimized for the latest Intel platforms.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerkan,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerkan, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.   

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerkan, 

I would like to let you know that we do appreciate your feedback about the BETA driver.

My last recommendation would be to use the driver that is working properly, in this case, the laptop manufacturer or previous generic driver version, and do not forget to get in contact with the game developer for compatibility and recommended settings.

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos