Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

UHD 750 HEVC-265 video playback artefacts

Nerkan
Beginner

There are artifacts when playing a hevc-265 video. White points and blurring in some parts of the video. The latest drivers and BIOS too. Play videos in Standard Windows Player, VLC 3.0.16 for 64-bit Windows and Classic Home Theater Media Player with latest codecs.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nerkan,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Are you using adapters or straight connections (HDMI TO HDMI)?

2. Does this happen on Youtube videos?

3. Does this happens on Standard Windows Player videos?

4. Have you tried with MSI drivers?

- https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-Z490-GAMING-PLUS#down-driver&Win10%2064

5. Can you share a video or pictures of the issue?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Nerkan
Beginner

1. Used HDMI TO HDMI

2. No

3. Yes

4. The MSI driver is outdated and not suitable for the UHD750, drivers lower than version 30 are seen everywhere artifacts, in Discord, in browsers with hardware acceleration enabled, their use degrades the image.

5. Yes, download several pictures

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nerkan, 

Thanks for the information provided.

In order to continue further, I will appreciate it if you can confirm the following:

1. Is this issue recent? Did you notice the issue after a system update? 

2. Have you tried with a different monitor or TV?

3. Have you updated the firmware for your monitor/TV?

4. Can you take a video where we can see the issue? This will help us to understand better the situation. 

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Nerkan
Beginner

1. HEVC-265  rarely watch, there was a problem before, but it was when the artifacts were on all videos with graphic drivers below version 30.

2. Yes. The problem also remains.

3. No

4. I wrote down one moment on my phone, rewound it several times. Such artifacts not only in this video, but also observed in others with HEVC-265. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nerkan, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nerkan, 

In order to continue further, I would like to ask you some questions:

1. Can you provide us the video that you are playing (or the name and episode of the movie/anime)?

2. Have you tried the Intel driver version 30.0.100.9684? Based on your report, you have version 27.20.100.9316.

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30579/Gr-ficos-Intel-controladores-DCH-Windows

3. You mentioned "it was when the artifacts were on all videos with graphic drivers below version 30", does this mean that the latest Intel driver is working?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Nerkan
Beginner

1. I can't, because files like mkv are not supported for uploading to the forum.

2. Yes i tried.

3. It's just that on drivers below version 30, artifacts were everywhere, and with drivers version 30 only in the HEVC video.

Perhaps this is also related to the video formats .mkv, hevc .mkv artifacts(blackheads, blurring, etc.) appear. Mkv video format, where hevc is not used, no artifacts.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nerkan, 

Thanks for the information provided.

In this we would like to try to replicate the issue, it would be really helpful if you can provide us with the name of the movie/series that you used or at least a link from the place that you downloaded it.

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Nerkan
Beginner

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XQ4VYZJ0J5bqU6w6ogRVURmfZKq_a1pZ/view?usp=sharing  link to video with HEVC in MKV format

I also added a record with artifacts to attachments.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nerkan, 

Thanks for the videos.

I will proceed with the research and as soon as I have any details I will let you know.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nerkan, 

In order to continue with the investigation, I will appreciate if you can provide the following:

1. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

2. Are you using the HDR option On or OFF?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Nerkan
Beginner
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nerkan, 

Thanks for the help, 

With this, I will proceed with the research and get back with more details as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nerkan, 

I would like to let you know that we are going to proceed to replicate this issue as part of the investigation, in the meantime, try to test with HDR enabled and let us know the outcome.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nerkan, 

I would like to let you know that we have tried to replicate this issue several times with different driver versions and we have not faced the same issue.

I recommend you to try a clean installation of version 30.0.100.9805:

- Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-10-windows-11-dch-drivers.html

- Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

You will find attached a video with the result of the investigation.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nerkan, 

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nerkan, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos