Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

UHD 750 compatibility problem with LG 27UL850 4K monitor

Vault101
Beginner

Dear Madam/Sir,

Please find the attachments for the details.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Vault101

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Pictures or video of the issue
  • Which driver versions did you try?
  • When you say that you "reset WIndows" do you mean a fresh re-installation?
  • Does this happen when you use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
    • Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
    • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
    • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
    • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Intel® Graphics Command Center report 
    • Open the application 
    • "Support" > "System Diagnostic" > "Generate Report 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Vault101
Beginner

Hi David,

I am sorry.

Because of the COVID-19, I was working from home last a few days.

Unfortunately, the LG 27UL850 monitor was put to use in another department, I cannot test on it now.

Please find my answers below.

• Pictures or video of the issue

Sorry, I only have two pictures on this issue. I put one in the topic above. I attached another one I have in the reply.

• Which driver versions did you try?

From the Intel website, I tried 30.0.100.9684, 27.20.100.9466, and 27.20.100.9316. The old versions seemed not compatible.

From the Dell website, I tried 27.20.100.9466, A01 and  27.20.100.9268, A00.

• When you say that you "reset WIndows" do you mean a fresh re-installation?

Yes, I used the 'Reset this PC' in the settings of Windows 10. And I choosed 'Remove everything'.

• Does this happen when you use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter?

After I uninstalled the video adapter from device manager, the Windows 10 used the Microsoft Basic Adapter, and the monitor looked fine.

• Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results

Please check the report in the attachment. But since the monitor is not in my hand now, I don't know whether it will help.

• Intel® Graphics Command Center report 

Please check the report in the attachment.

Thank you for your help!

By the way, the model of PC is Dell 3450 SFF, not 3550, sorry for the slip of pen in the previous report.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
StefanS
Novice

Hi Vault101,

I had a similar problem, looks like intel fu..ed up the driver.

Don't expect any support from them, all you get are stupid recommendations about things you already tried.

Is your Monitor connected via DP?

The Monitor seems to be Displayport 1.2 and Intel drivers are not backward compatible to DP1.2.

What you can do connect Monitor via HDMI.

Set Monitor to DP1.1 only that will limit it to 4k with 30Hz but it will show picture.

Get a Monitor that is DP1.4 compatible.

Get your self a simple AMD/Nvidia GPU as it's likely Intel will never fix this issue.

In my case 4k 60Hz worked well in UEFI Setup and when I booted Linux, but Windows Drivers are fu..ed up.

All they will do from there stupid Support and Communication manual is let you try some more driver and refer that they are not in charge and you should contact Dell.

Even if Dell can not do anything about it as Intel is the one developing the zero Quality drivers.

They do not care about there customers and do not take the serious at all.

They tell you this problem does not exist. Instead of helping you they post intelligent insulting phrases from there manual.

Do not expect someone calling himself Intel Customer Support Technician has any idea about the technical details they only handle after there given manual (script).

Best Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
Vault101
Beginner

Hi StefanS,

The 4K monitor I used supports DP 1.4.

I used DP DP cable came with the monitor and cables I bought from Amazon.de which claims they support DP 1.4 8K resolution.

I also changed the DP compatible settings in the monitor from 1.4 to 1.2 and 1.1, but nothing changed.

But when I connected the monitor with UHD 630 through DP 1.4 or Iris 5200 Pro through HDMI, everything looked fine.

So I guess the problem should be related to UHD 750's driver.

Best regards

0 Kudos
StefanS
Novice

Hi Vault101,

for me it helpt to set the the monitor to DP1.1 than it was detected fine and orked with 4k 30 Hz.

While it works fine in UEFI or Linux but not in Windows with 4k 60 Hz.

The PC i used only had to DP connectors so I could not try with HDMI 2.0.

What also worked was setting the Refreshrate to 29 or 30Hz but that worked only till next reboot.

Best regards

StefanS

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the updates @Vault101. We recommend updating your system to the latest BIOS and drivers, checking the OEM website we noticed that you're not running the latest BIOS version. You can contact the manufacturer for BIOS update steps.

We understand that you no longer have access to the monitor but we will need it for testing and work on a solution, let us know if you can get access to it for additional troubleshooting.

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Let us know if you can get access to the monitor to continue.

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
DaiNguyen
Beginner

Dear Mr. David G.

I have the same issues, same monitor, UHD 770 - Via Displayport. Can you support this case again?

0 Kudos