Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

UHD 750 lower frame rate in Forza Horizon 4 after 10-15 minutes of playing

Nerkan
Beginner

After 10-15 minutes of the game, the frame rate and freezes decrease, from 40-60 frames drops to 10-20 with freezes. On the previous processor with UHD graphics 630, this never happened, although the frame rate was lower, 25-40 frames, but the game did not freeze and it was comfortable to play. Please fix the problem in the next update of the graphics driver.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Nerkan
Beginner

I'm tired of playing the game with freezes, I'll put the processor i5 10400 back in order to play normally. 11700k makes me cry.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Nerkan, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Based on the information showing in the SSU report, we can confirm that the graphics driver currently installed in version 27.20.100.9616, which is the Intel® Beta Generic Graphics driver.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in MSI's website and the graphics driver they have available is version 27.20.100.9127, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below, please look for "On-Board VGA Drivers" tab to see the driver:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-Z490-GAMING-PLUS#down-driver&Win10%2064

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the problem persists, then try a clean installation this time of Intel® Generic Graphics driver version 27.20.100.9466:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Additionally, we suggest to get in contact directly with MSI to make sure the latest BIOS version is installed or to gather the instructions on how to do a BIOS update to the latest version, once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://www.msi.com/support

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Nerkan
Beginner

Installed all drivers from version 27.20.100.9127 to 27.20.100.9616. This did not solve the problem. Other driver versions have application artifacts except 27.20.100.9616. Therefore, I cannot leave him. At 27.20.100.9466 Forza Horizon 4 does not start, since there is no support for DIRECTX 12. The latest version of BIOS 7C75vA7 is installed.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Nerkan, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

We are sorry to hear that after testing different graphics drivers the problem with the game remains.

In order to make sure and rule out a possible hardware problem with the Intel® i7-11700K Processor, please install and run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, it does an overall test on the unit and if it passed the test it means it is working properly and we can discard an issue with it, once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Nerkan
Beginner

Test results. All passed.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Nerkan, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear the Intel® Processor passed the test because it means it is working properly, there is no hardware problem with it.

Now, in regard to the drivers, we will do further research on this matter, we will try to replicate this scenario in our Intel® lab, for us to be able to do that, please provide a detailed description of the steps that you followed to reproduce the issue so we can try to test it and confirm if there might be a problem with the drivers.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Nerkan
Beginner

The game just starts dropping FPS after 10-15 minutes of play. When navigating menus, changing cars, etc., the FPS decreases faster. In the menu, the frame rate becomes especially low when changing the device menu. In the screen settings, the resolution is 1280x720, the frame rate is 60 per second, vertical sync is enabled, full screen is enabled, motion blur is disabled, FPS is enabled, dynamic optimization is disabled, in advanced settings everything is set to low. Show FPS in the game shows the load of the video card, and when the fps decreases, it shows the load of 30-40% instead of 80-99%.

Did the test. The test was carried out 8-12 times within 40 minutes. After loading the video card, the FPS began to drop 8 times, from 80-99%, at first the load dropped to 70%, then to 50-60%. On the last test, I closed all programs. It didn't work. Attached screenshots of the benchmark.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Nerkan, Thank you very much for providing those details and the pictures.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the information on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Nerkan, I just received an update on this matter.

I just obtained the results from our Intel® lab and we have been unable to reproduce this issue in our tests with Intel® 11th generation processors.

Just to confirm, did the game work fine on the Intel® i7-11700K processor at any point? If so, under which graphics driver and Windows version? 

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Nerkan
Beginner

The frame rate drop issue disappeared with the installation of the new driver version 30.0.100.9667. The problem arose on all previous versions of drivers up to 30.0.100.9667, except for this, of course. The version of Windows 10 21H1. Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Nerkan, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to know that the problem with the frame rates in the game got fixed after installing the newly released driver version 30.0.100.9667, which was going to be our next suggestion.

Thank you as well for letting us know the Windows* version, that the problem happened with all the previous driver versions, and for sharing that information in the intel communities forums since we are gathering results on the fixes this driver contains and we are sure it will be very helpful for all the peers viewing this conversation.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos