Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

UHD Graphics 620 Driver Problem with Latest 15.65.4.4944

PBixb
New Contributor I

Hello, all.

I reported this in another thread and someone from Intel support has e-mailed me and given the standard low level support answers. My post was deleted by a mod apparently, and I'm not sure why. I have also e-mailed video of the problem to Intel.

I have screen irregularities which only occur while on battery power on 15.65.4.4944. The screen moves left and right by about 1/4 inch on a regular basis. When plugged in, I get occasional flashes of black and static, but nothing like this. When I revert to earlier drivers, no problem.

Thought I would post again, this time with video. I know that laptops with UHD 620 graphics are still a relative rarity, but I was wondering if anyone else had/has the same problem.

My computer is a HP Spectre x360 13t-ae000 CTO with an i7-8550U processor.

I have reverted back to the 4901 driver, which works fine on both plugged and on battery.

Anyone else using UHD 620 with the newest generic drivers?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello trueblue,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue that you have been experiencing with our latest drivers (15.65.4.4944), I do apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause and I will do my best in order to help you out.

I would like to gather more information about the issue you are reporting. Please fill out the form that is in the following link and post it on this forum thread:

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

I am currently taking this thread as a reference to perform further investigation regarding the issue that you have been experiencing and send it to higher management if necessary.

On the meantime my best recommendation is, based on the brief description of your issue, to install the prior version of the drivers (4901) to avoid the bug (temporarily).

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello trueblue

I was taking a look to your thread, and I wanted to confirm if you need further assistance?

Please do not hesitate on replying back so we can provide you with assistance regarding your issue.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos