Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

UHD Graphics 620 - I have a Ultrawide Monitor (LG HDR WFHD Model 34WK650) but my computer is stuck with 1920 x 1080

STurn16
Beginner

Intel Graphics Command Center shows 2560x1080 60p Supported mode. How do I make the higher resolution that happen when my top choice is 1920x1080 60p?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello STurn16

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Have you tried selecting a lower refresh rate? If yes, what is the behavior, and please provide details?

2- Please provide a screenshot of the options offered by Intel® Graphics Command Center:

3- Have you tested different video cables and different video ports? For instance, DisplayPort™.

4- Have you tested a different display or have you tested this display on another computer? If yes, please provide details including PCs brand and models:

5- How are you connecting the display to the system? Please include the video ports on both sides (PC and display) and if you are using a straight-through connection or adapters. 

6- DxDiag* report following these steps:

• In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  • In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  • Click on Save All Information.
  • Open the report.
  • Use the option "save all information" to save the .TXT file.
  • Attach the report .TXT file to this thread. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NLoia
Beginner

Hi!

I have the same issue, but from a Lenovo L560 notabook with HD 520 GC.
I attached a LG 29WK500 monitor (21:9) that the Intel HD Control Panel recognizes uses 2560x1081....  but I cannot reach such resolution.

All drivers ae up to date.

Please, any Hint?

THX!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello STurn16

We would like to know if you were able to check our previous post and to generate and attach the reports to this thread. If you need further assistance please kindly provide the information requested.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
STurn16
Beginner

Hi I did reply and provided details requested.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello STurn16

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, the information and your reply are missing in the thread.

Could you please be so kind and provide the information and reports requested on our post from June 22th, 2020?

It is worth mentioning that you will need to attach the reports directly in this thread. They will not be sent if replying back directly from the email notification.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
STurn16
Beginner

1- Have you tried selecting a lower refresh rate? If yes, what is the behavior, and please provide details? Yes. Same result – Low res display.

2- Please provide a screenshot of the options offered by Intel® Graphics Command Center: See IGCC-Capture

3- Have you tested different video cables and different video ports? For instance, DisplayPort™.  Yes. Same result

4- Have you tested a different display or have you tested this display on another computer? If yes, please provide details including PCs brand and models: Yes. Other PC with same monitor (Surface Pro 3) worked perfectly 2560x1080 @60 Hz using Surface on-board display port

5- How are you connecting the display to the system? Please include the video ports on both sides (PC and display) and if you are using a straight-through connection or adapters. Mini-Display port to HDMI cable from Surface Pro Display port Dongle and on board display port

6- DxDiag* report following these steps:

• In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  • In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  • Click on Save All Information.
  • Open the report.
  • Use the option "save all information" to save the .TXT file.
  • Attach the report .TXT file to this thread. 

DXDiag Attached.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello STurn16,

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

We noticed you are using the Intel® generic graphics drivers. Your Surface Pro 6 tablet may be a highly customized system. The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer (OEM), in this case, Microsoft*. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations.

Having said that, we would like you to try the following steps to check the behavior:

Note: Before going through the steps below, please download and save to your computer the OEM customized graphics driver provided by Microsoft*.

1- Check with the display manufacturer LG* if there are firmware or driver updates available/pending for your display that needs to be downloaded/installed.

2- Test the display using only the Microsoft® Basic Display Adapter.

2.1- Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.

2.2- Uninstall the Intel® UHD Graphics 620 driver from Windows® >> Apps and Features. (if applicable).

2.3- Restart the computer.

2.4- Confirm in Device Manager >> Video/Display Adapters the controller is listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" >> if not, repeat steps 2.2 through 2.4.

2.5- If the adapter continues to be listed as "Intel HD Graphics" or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under "Programs and Features" for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:

2.5.1- Right-click on “Intel HD Graphics” or similar, and select “Uninstall Device”.

2.5.2- In the pop-up window make sure “Delete the driver software for this device” is checked.

2.5.3- Click on “Uninstall”.

2.5.4- Restart. (Repeat steps 2.5.1 through 2.5.4 until the device gets listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter").

2.6- Test if you are able to select desired resolution.

3- Once the tests in steps 1 and 2 are completed, let's test with the customized graphics driver provided by Microsoft*. Please install the OEM driver and test if you are able to select the desired resolution. If you need assistance with the installation instructions, we recommend contacting Microsoft® Support.

4- If the issue persists, please kindly provide two (2) new Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers with the external display connected, one report for the Surface Pro 6, and another report for the Surface Pro 3, and please name the files accordingly.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
STurn16
Beginner

I think I understand the problem.  I can not use the SP 6 Display and an external monitor at a high resolution at the same time.  To use the Hires external monitor at Hi Res, I must close the SP6 and use an external keyboard and mouse.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello STurn16

I would recommend making sure that you are using the display set up on extended mode, and if the behavior still limited when using both displays this could be an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customization setup, and I would be important reaching Microsoft® support (https://support.microsoft.com/).  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello STurn16

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to check our previous post. If you have additional inquiries or if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello STurn16

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread. If the issue persists, and since you mentioned the issue could be related to not being able to use the external display without closing the built-in display (and having to use an external keyboard and mouse), this could be an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customization setup limitation, and our final recommendation is to check this further with Microsoft® support* (https://support.microsoft.com/).

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Marcus1258
Beginner

I have an HPE Elitebook 840 gen 6 with the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620.  It is in the HPE Thin docking station.  I have connected two LG 35 inch monitors.   One monitor works at 3440 x 1440 with a refresh rate of 100 and the second works at 1920 x 1080 at any refresh rate.  I have changed the cabling position on the docking station and Monitor number two only appears to work at the 1920 x 1080 resolution.   

The modes of the graphics adapter for monitor 2 appear to only go to the 1920 x 1080 max refresh rate.  I have included screen shots that might help below.

Is there any setting in the monitor or updated driver I need to make the second monitor work?

Mark

My monitor information is:

The adapter information is:

Marcus1258_2-1683816918372.png

Marcus1258_3-1683817196450.png

0 Kudos