Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

UHD Graphics 750 HDMI 2.0 Output Ultrawide resolution options?

Vadertag
Novice

I want to connect an Ultrawide-Screen to a HDMI 2.0 output on my computer (DisplayPort is not an option, unfortunately).

Does anyone know, if the Intel UHD 750 can handle 32:9 and 21:9 resolutions via HDMI 2.0 (60Hz)? Specifically 5120 x 1440 and 3840 x 1600 pixel.

I'm well are HDMI 2.0 can handle 3840 x 2160 pixel and therefore SHOULD have enough bandwith for 5120 x 1440. But I'm hearing reports of ultrawide resolutions not being supported by 750 via HDMI-2.0-output - no matter the bandwith.

If anyone could confirm he or she runs 5120 x 1440 via HDMI 2.0 with the 750 - or that it wont work whatsoever - that would be great. I also wouldn't mind seeing a list of all the resolutions that are supported by the 750 via HDMI 2.0, and not just the maximum supported resolution.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Vadertag,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Intel product.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

3. What is the brand and model name of your monitor?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Vadertag
Novice

Hello Deivid,

thank you for trying to help. I dont have the monitor yet. Thats why I'm requesting technical data on the possible resolutions of the 750 via HDMI 2.0 output in ultrawide format. I want to know if the 750 does support the resolutions 5120 x 1440 and 3840 x 1600 via HDMI 2.0 output.

The diagnostic tools you recommended do not show all the supported resolutions. They only show supported resolutions for the monitor that is currently attached (its not an ultrawide screen model)

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Vadertag, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Vadertag, 

In this case, the maximum horizontal resolution supported by the driver is 5120 as long as:

1. The vertical resolution and refresh rate stay within the limits of HDMI 2.0 (e.g. 1440 is possible with 60hz).

2. The 5120x1440 resolution is defined as the native/supported resolution in the display's EDID

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

DeividA_Intel

Hello Vadertag,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Vadertag,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Vadertag
Novice

Hello Deivid,

sorry for the late reply. Yes, please close the inquiry. Thank you for your help and the information provided. This was indeed the information i was looking for.

0 Kudos