Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Ultrawide 21:9 on Intel HD Graphics 520 not working

Spaghetto
Beginner

Hello community,

I recently got a Iiyama Prolite XUB3493WQSU-B1, a 34" 21:9 (3440x1440) IPS ultra-wide screen monitor which I bought for smart working on a HP Probook 440 G3 laptop carrying a I7-6500U with Intel HP Graphics 520 and Windows 10 Pro .

The issue is that when I connect it to my HP laptop via HDMI i can't go full resolution but reach only 2560x1440 (16:9 2k) from the Windows Screen Properties as "suggested choice".

Tests and infos:

• The monitor is successfully tested (via HDMI) at full resolution (3440x1440 - 21:9 2k) on my desktop PC.
  • The laptop is successfully tested (via HDMI) with a 4k monitor (4096x2160 - 16:9 4k) !!!
  • The Intel HD Graphics 520 drivers are up-to-date: 26.20.100.7757 .
  • The Intel HD Graphics 520 max supported resolution is 4096x2304/24Hz .

Thanks in advance for anyone who'll help.

Luca

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Spaghetto

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- What refresh rate are you trying to achieve with this resolution of 3440x1440 - 21:9? Have you tried selecting a lower refresh rate? If yes, what is the behavior, and please provide details?

2- When testing the display with the desktop PC, did you connect the display to the Intel® integrated graphics (onboard graphics)? If yes, please provide processor model of that PC and motherboard brand and model (or PC brand and model):

3- Have you tried to change the resolution using the Intel® Graphics Command Center or Intel® Graphics Control Panel? Please provide a screenshot of the options these tools are displaying.

4- With the IPS ultra-widescreen monitor connected to the laptop, please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

5- DxDiag* report following these steps:

• In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  • In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  • Click on Save All Information.
  • Open the report.
  • Use the option "save all information" to save the .TXT file.
  • Attach the report .TXT file to this thread. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NLoia
Beginner

Hi!

I have the same issue, but from a Lenovo L560 notabook with HD 520 GC.
I attached a LG 29WK500 monitor (21:9) that the Intel HD Control Panel recognizes uses 2560x1081....  but I cannot reach such resolution.

All drivers ae up to date.

Please, any Hint?

THX!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Spaghetto

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Spaghetto

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread. If you need further assistance please post a new question.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos