Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Unable to find graphics drivers in device manager. Unable to install new drivers. Error "You do not meet the minimum requirements".

Comrade_Jimmy
Beginner

I recently finished assembling my computer, and everything seems to work except for the integrated graphics. I do not need these for much, except that Powerdvd 19 will only play back UHD Blu-rays on intel graphics. When I look for the drivers, they are nowhere to be found. In device manager>Display adapters, I only see my Nvidia Graphics card, and dxdiag shopws the same thing. Every time I try to install the drivers it says I do not meet the minimus system requirements. EVen when I tried installing from the drivers disc that came with my motherboard it gave me the same message. I have tried numerous things but with no luck. How might I be able to fix this?

I have enclosed a report from intel support utility if that is of any help.

Screenshot (4).png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

When you insert an add-on card, such as the nvidia, it typically disables the onboard intel graphics.

Check your bios to see if this is the case.

Doc

0 Kudos
Comrade_Jimmy
Beginner

This is what I had suspected, but I was having trouble finding out exactly what settings I would have to change. The motherboard manual, while useful for the actual installation of hardware, is not useful for its bios help. The BIOS settings it shows are nothing like what I actually have. I have found many of the settings it describes, but the layout of sections and subsections is greatly different, and many settings have different names. I was able to find a setting that changed default graphics, with options: Integrated, PCI slot 1, 2 or 3. I changed it from pcie slot 1 to IGX, but after I did that, the computer failed to start. I could try that again, but I am not sure how useful that would be.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It may be that you can have either or, but not both. However, some boards/bios will allow both to be active.

Whatever the case, we do not know the bios of the motherboard manufacturer. You will have to contact them regarding their bios.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In order to keep the Intel HD Graphics engine enabled, then, in the BIOS' Chipset tab, change parameter Internal Graphics from Auto to Enabled.

If you want the monitor that is connected to your motherboard (as opposed to any monitor connected to your add-in graphics card) to be your primary monitor (for BIOS Setup, etc.), then, in the Peripherals tab, also change parameter Initial Display Output from PCIe 1 Slot to IGFX.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos