Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Unable to get video output from DisplayPort (HDMI works) with RX Vega M

RVari1
Beginner

I have an RX Vega M graphic card with DisplayPort and HDMI ports. HDMI works but no output from the DisplayPort. Can anyone help please. Running Win10 with latest updates, also updated AMD/Intel drivers

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Use other DP cable.
  2. Did you verified that the DP input in your monitor works and is set to the DP output standard (i.e.DP1, DP2)?
  3. Ask in the Graphic Card manufacturer forum.

Leon

0 Kudos
RVari1
Beginner

Thanks for the quick response. I played around with it some more and here is what I found:

1. If I hook the PC to a monitor, both DisplayPorts and HDMI ports work - one DP/HDMI with the Vega and the second pair with the integrated graphics.
  2. If I connect my Oculus Rift S to the integrated graphics port, the PC recognizes the Rift S but as expected won't work (due I assume to the lower powered integrated graphics system.
  3. The PC does not recognize the Rift S when plugged into the Vega M graphic card DisplayPort (acts as if nothing is plugged in.)
  4. I did get the Rift S working on another PC so I'm thinking there is some sort of issue with the Vega DisplayPort and the Rift S.

I have got back and forth with Oculus Support and they have thrown their hands up and told me it was my problem. Ugh!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

RVari1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Did you run all the Windows* updates?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components installed in your platform:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower-left corner.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

RVari1, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
RVari1
Beginner

I gave up on the Vega M and Oculus and got another computer working. I'm thinking the Vega M doesn't have the power to run it.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello RVari1,

Thank you for the update. It is highly appreciated.

We will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
hubick
New Contributor II

My Rift S only displayed a black screen on my NUC8i7HVK until I uninstalled the Intel provided Radeon driver and replaced it with the new 19.7.2 Adrenaline driver directly from AMD, then it worked fine.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

RVari1, Thank you very much for providing those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear the problem with the Display Port got fixed and now the Intel® NUC is working, fine. Thank you also for sharing the solution, we are sure it will be very useful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos