Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Unable to install graphics driver version 26.20.100.6912

MSing26
Novice
  • Intel Update assistant told you have latest version of graphics driver for i3 8130u that is 25.20.100.6444. but that is too old and i am unable to update it. It shows error that it is not compatible.2019-06-30_21-04-27.png

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Open Device Manager and manually uninstall the currently installed driver. Check the”Delete” option. You will see the Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver.
  2. Now manually install the latest driver ver. 6912.

Leon

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello MSing26

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

With the newer releases of Intel® graphics drivers (DCH) It is recommended to follow these steps:

1-   Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer.

2-   Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.

3-   Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features.

4-   Restart the computer.

5-   Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4.

6-   If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:

a.   6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'

b.   6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.

c.   6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'.

d.   6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter')

7-   Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1.

8-   Restart the computer.

9-   Reconnect to the Internet.

Reference link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027538/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-7th-generation-intel-processors.html

Regards,

Leonardo C.                        

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello MSing26

Have you tried the steps provided?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello MSing26

I haven’t heard back from you; please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
MSing26
Novice

hello sir, today i performed the steps but again the same problem persist. the latest one (.6912) said not validated for this computer. please help. i have i3 8130u processor with 8gb ram and latest windows 10 fully update.chrome_2019-07-16_18-40-52.png

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello MSing26

Thank for the update, in order to complete the steps provided previously you should not use Intel® DSA and the system has to be without an internet connection.

Please download the Intel® driver (.exe file) from this link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28888/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126789  and follow the steps above in the appropriate sequence.  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello MSing26

Have you tried the installation steps?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
MSing26
Novice

Yes and now I am successfully install the latest version . Thank you very much​

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello MSing26

I am glad to hear that you have completed the driver update.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos