Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Unplayable : EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 on Intel Iris Xe graphics

Bluen
Beginner

Hello

I'm experiencing the exact same issue in this previous post, I have not had much luck performing a clean install of the drivers but I have checked and updated my Bios. So far I am still unsuccessful in getting a solution. I understand my settings may be a bit different than the original poster but I am using a laptop

Previous thread for same issue
Unplayable : EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 on Intel Iris Xe graphics - Intel Communities

So far I was able to confirm it is only when I run the game on my laptop(tested the steam remote play feature and if I am hosting the other party experiences the same issue.)

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Bluen,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel graphics. I'll be glad to help you.

Please provide the following information:

• Was the game working fine before? If so, was there any driver/OS update before the issue started?
  • Are the latest updates/patches for the game installed?
  • Are there any other games with this or a different issue?
  • Is Steam updated to the latest?
  • If possible, provide the in-game graphics settings.

As well, try a clean installation of the latest graphics driver (v27.20.100.8984) recommended by the OEM (https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/ux363ea/helpdesk_download/). OEM drivers are handpicked and include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues.

Clean Installation Instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Bluen
Beginner

Missed the first alert that you had responding and thank you for replying.

I have not been able to play the game without this issue since I recently purchased it on Nov 30th.
I have the latest patch for the game and is up to date.
Steam is fully up to date as well(i've gone as far as uninstalling and re-installing steam and the game.)
No other game I own is experiencing this issue. I even am able to play it's predecessor EDF 4.1 smoothly with no issue.
Sadly the game doesn't give very much options to adjust video settings but i'll include what I can below. I have toggled and tested every combination of the settings.(Full screen on and off, Letter Box on and off, adjusted resolution to lowest and highest setting along with several inbetween. Anti-Aliasing on and off, Shadow on and off, even turned off Anisotropic Filter along with every setting to it's max which is 16x)

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

By any chance, can you confirm if you have already tried the clean installation of the latest OEM driver v27.20.100.8984 (https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/ux363ea/helpdesk_download/)?

Clean Installation Instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Bluen
Beginner

My apologies, I thought I had already posted this reply.

I did try a clean install of my Video drivers and the issue still persist.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I will be working and researching about this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Bluen,

Many thanks for your patience on this matter.

After testing this game on a similar environment, we were unable to replicate the issue. Our best recommendation is to contact the game developer to report the issue and for further assistance.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos