Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Update OpenGL - Graphics drivers for the Intel® 82945G Express chipset - (Discontinued) - My system: Windows 10 - 64 bits

Malry86
Beginner

Hi, Please how do I update OpenGL?

My system: Windows 10 - 64 bits

Graphics drivers for the Intel® 82945G Express Chipset (discontinued)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

You cannot update the driver. This graphics chipset has not been supported since Windows Vista.

The best you can do is the Microsoft generic driver for windows 10, which lacks performance and features.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You cannot update the driver. This graphics chipset has not been supported since Windows Vista.

The best you can do is the Microsoft generic driver for windows 10, which lacks performance and features.

Doc

0 Kudos
Malry86
Beginner

I'll do it, thank you very much !!

0 Kudos
Malry86
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am pleased you have found a temporary solution. However, your real solution is to get a new or newer system that is supported on Windows 10. Your current system is from 2006 and quite lacking in features and performance, and should be replaced. Just think about how many cell phones you have had since 2006!

Doc

0 Kudos
Malry86
Beginner

Yes, I totally agree with you, this is a temporary solution until I can buy a better machine !!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Whatever machine you are considering, especially if a laptop, make sure you select wisely and get a good warranty.

If you are considering a small desktop, you may want to look at Intel NUCs: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/boards-kits/nuc/mini-pcs/home.html

Doc

0 Kudos