Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Updating UBOs on Sandy Bridge GPUs causes visual bugs

DK1
Beginner

What's the proper way to update UBOs on Sandy Bridge GPUs? When using OpenGL, updating the UBO using glBufferSubData without issuing a glFinish before causes image corruption. To me it seems as though the buffer update is immediate and not queued, leading to corruption of whatever object was rendering at the time. Calling glFinish before UBO update fixes the issue. Do I need to always use sync objects when dealing with UBOs? This issue is not present with my other GPUs (non-intel). I have latest drivers installed, but I noted this issue long ago.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ kd-11

This is a known issue with the Sandybridge and as you pointed out was resolved in later GPU's. At this time there are no plans to port the resolution for the issue back to Sandybrige drivers.

Thanks

Robert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I would need more information in regards to your system configuration:

Which version of Windows do you have?

I also need the graphics driver version?

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-011363.htm Graphics Drivers — Identifying Your Graphics Driver Version

Processor model:

Click the Windows icon, and then right-click Computer .

Select Properties .

Find System Type on the Properties window, and then note the processor model.

Allan.

0 Kudos
DK1
Beginner

Intel HD 3000 (Intel i5-2450M CPU)

Driver Version 15.28.23.64.4101

Problem was noted much earlier with versions 2622 and 3517.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks. I am forwarding this information to our engineering team.

Allan.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ kd-11

This is a known issue with the Sandybridge and as you pointed out was resolved in later GPU's. At this time there are no plans to port the resolution for the issue back to Sandybrige drivers.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
DK1
Beginner
0 Kudos