Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Updating driver for HD530 still fails

burnsi
Novice

I am refering to to my earlier question wich got closed due to inactivity.

HD530 install fails 

Thanks everyone for trying to help. I got distracted and completely forgot about this, but my friend reminded me that the error still persists. Perhaps you can merge both topics.

I tried unistalling the graphic device and immidiately after that execute igfx_win_101.1960.exe. But this fails with exit code 8. After that the graphics card apears in the device manager and i can start the install with the igfx_win_101.1960.exe file. But this still fails with the error described in the prior thread.

I´m pretty much lost here as i never encountered this kind of problem.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello burnsi,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® HD Graphics 530.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Can you provide more details about the issue?

3. Are you having issues also with games or apps? If so, which games/apps are you having issues with?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
burnsi
Novice

Hello Deivid,

thank you for your questions.

1. I attached the desired ssu.txt to the posting.

2. I kindly refer you to my last posting. https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Error-while-installing-drivers-Win-10-Intel-HD-530/m-p/1380364#M107508 . If you need any additional info please ask.

3. The graphic is all messed up. It clearly has the wrong resolution and so on.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Before anything else, let me remind you that support is provided in English only. Providing pictures with non-English text is simply a waste of everyone's time. We cannot translate text embedded in images.

From what I can tell, it looks to me as if a really old version of the driver is somehow partially stuck on the system and this is preventing the latest versions from being installed. I have seen this happen as a result of Windows being upgraded from a previous version (7, 8 or 8.1), by having an earlier (pre-DCH, pre-6444 build) version of the driver installed at one point or by having a previous failed uninstall. I can only suggest that you attempt to use a general driver uninstaller program (like DDU) to get rid of it or reload the system from scratch.

Sorry,

...S

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello burnsi, 

Thanks for the information provided. In order to continue further, please try the following:

1. Perform a clean installation of the Intel driver:

2. Try to install the latest drivers from the laptop manufacturer.

3. Try to get in contact with the laptop manufacturer to confirm if there is any restriction or limitation with generic divers (Intel drivers).

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

burnsi
Novice

@DeividA_Intel , @n_scott_pearson  thank you both for your recommendations.

I will try them.

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello burnsi, 

I am glad to know that will give them a try. Just let me know if the issue persists after you tried the steps recommended.

Thanks for your time and comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello burnsi,  

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello burnsi,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos