Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

VIDEO_DRIVER_INIT_FAILURE BSOD with 15.28.12.2932

rspir
Novice

I updated hd graphics drivers on my celeron 887 to 15.28.12.2932 and after that, i cannot boot my windows 8, it will always end with 0xB4 VIDEO_DRIVER_INIT_FAILURE BSOD during startup, even if I boot to safe mode or low resolution graphics. So currently there is no way how can I start my system, any suggestions? I really don't want to reinstall. Windows 7 on second partition boots fine with older drivers, so it's not a hardware issue.

I have a memory dump if anyone is interested

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi rs1000,

If you're trying to load into safe mode and it's still BSOD'ing, it's definitely not driver related. At that point your system is loading the default Microsoft* VGA driver, not ours. If you can capture some details on your BSOD, you might be able to look something up for it, but at this point you may just as well try an OS re-install.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
rspir
Novice

I did that windows 8 new feature called "refresh" and it helped. So I didn't need to do full reinstall. After that I tried to install this driver again and it worked without problems.