Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

VMR Windowless Mixer Mode,After Resume From S3/S4, The image flick

xgu2
Beginner

The Problem is That:

I want use VMR to Preview usb camera. The VMR is configure with Windowless mode by using function SetRenderingMode And Mixer mode by using function SetNumberOfStreams. Then Start VMR and Preview Video. I put the computer into S3/S4 State, Ater Resume form S3/S4, the preview image seems normal. But The problem is coming. When I close my application, I start my application again and the preview image seems abnormal,which means that the top of preview image may flick sometimes. I make another experiment, that I change the executable file name of my application. It seems normal surprisingly. So I put the computer into S3/S4, and the problem is the same. I also try other Vendor Graphic Driver, it not exist above problem. I also try the newest intel graphic driver, it also the same.

Is it the bug of intel driver?My experiment environment is the Intel HD 4000 Series and Win 8 OS 32 bit.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
xgu2
Beginner

Then I Found another Problem. It is that If my graph add the color space converter filter, the above problem exists. But If I don't add the color space converter filter, the above problem doesn't exist. The important things is that in the usb camera preview graph, the color space converter is included in the graph by default. I don't know how to remove it. Has Anybody encountered this problem? please help me.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Can you post the graphics driver version you are currently using on your computer?

Also, the driver version you mentioned has worked for you.

Allan.

0 Kudos
xgu2
Beginner

Dear allan:

my intel driver is in the attachment(inteldriver.png). my graph is also in the attachment(graph.png).

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for getting back with your graphics information.

I see you have mobile Intel 4 series chipset on Windows 8.

The driver version 2702 may not have all necessary features to support VMR. You have an Inbox driver as part of the operating system installation package.

Drivers for the Mobile Intel 4 series chipset are not available on the Intel Web site, or on Microsoft Windows Update

I would recommend installing a supported operating system with full support on drivers, such windows 7.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

Allan.

0 Kudos
xgu2
Beginner

Dear allan:

Because I have to make a stress test for out usb camera for Win8 OS to Test compatibility, then in our company there are mostly Inter 4 series graphic card for our test machines. I test other vendor graphic card and there is no such problem. I want to know whether there is a driver support for Intel 4 series under win8 OS. Do you mean that it is not available. Now how can I find it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MWrig1
Beginner

There is a unofficial way you can run this but it is not supported by Intel but does work, on other friends I have and tested on.

Download the latest drivers from Intel

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22166/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-Windows-7-64-Windows-Vista-64-zip- Intel® Download Center for 64-bit

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22163/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-Windows-7-Windows-Vista-zip- Intel® Download Center for 32-bit

Then go to graphics folder to find kit49659, open it with notepad to find:

%iCNTG0% = iCNT0, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42

%iCNTG1% = iCNT1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A43

%iEGLG0% = iEGL0, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E02

%iEGLG1% = iEGL1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E03

%iEGLQ4G0% = iEGL0, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E12

%iEGLQ4G1% = iEGL1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E13

%iEGLG4G0% = iEGL0, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E22

%iEGLG4G1% = iEGL1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E23

%iEGLGVG0% = iEGL0, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E32

%iEGLGVG1% = iEGL1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E33

%iEGLGB0% = iEGL0, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E42

%iEGLGB1% = iEGL1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E43

%iEGLGBU0% = iEGL0, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E92

%iEGLGBU1% = iEGL1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E93

under the windows 7 tab,

after you copy that, find [IntelGfx.NTx86.6.2] and delete line that says "no install on windows 8"

then copy the code above in its place, and it should work as windows 7 level.

however this does not work on windows 8.1 only on build 9200.

I hope this helps you of what you are looking for.

0 Kudos
xgu2
Beginner

Dear MicahMoo11:

I try your operation you have mentioned above.But I have account a problem, it can be seen from attachment.The system donates it can't install this driver, Can you help me where the problem should happen?Thanks

0 Kudos
xgu2
Beginner
0 Kudos
xgu2
Beginner

Dear all:

I make another experiment. I find a new driver link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24972 Intel® Download Center. Then I download it and install this driver.The driver version can be seen the attachment.

Then I got a surprising result that the video image never flick after resume from S3/S4 when previewing. But I got another bad result that when I use pwrtest

tool to set my computer into S3 state, after it resumes, I will send uvc_play command to make usb camera preview, then stop it. All these are run under my tcl

script. I make these action iteratively. When my script run at the second time, it will cause a crash after system resume from S3.it can be seen the attachment.

I find that when I connect my color space converter filter to VMR filter, the crash happen immediately. (please see the below attachment)This crash Only happen when I set VMR to the VMRMode_Windowless. I want to know whether the latest driver has do something about the WINDOW_LESS VMR. Can anybody help me?

0 Kudos
MWrig1
Beginner

i'm sorry t thought you might intel 4 series express chipset driver

i did' t know you mean intel hd graphics 4000.

i was looking at your allin_intel review; even yours so bad cell.

iv sent you the wrong driver, however you seem that you found, it on there website.

i'm greatly sorry from Wright Micah.

0 Kudos
xgu2
Beginner

Dear MicahMoo11:

The driver that you provide me can't be installed on my laptop computer Under win8 0S. It can be seen from above attachment. So I must adopt another way by myself. I look for the newest driver from intel websit and install it. I find that it never take place the problem of image flicking. But I find another problem that when I use pwrtest tool to set my computer into S3 state, it will lead to crash when to connect the VMR Filter after resuming my system.

I guess that it is the problem of intel driver.

0 Kudos
xgu2
Beginner

Dear all:

Has anybody encountered this problem? Please Help me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
xgu2
Beginner

Dear all:

Has anybody seen the problem?

0 Kudos