Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Valorant Driver Compatibility Issues - UHD 620

JensA
Novice

Ever since upgrading the UHD 620 (i5 8250) drivers on my laptop, I've been having game-breaking stuttering whenever a 3d entity loads (which is almost constantly) in Valorant.

More details in the "Graphics bug report" form attached. 

Labels (1)
128 Replies
henriquesmarques
Beginner

hi everyone, I have the same problem as everyone and was using version 8476 to try some gaming experience. Yesterday I decided to install the 8190 version and had a much better experience with less fps drops, deathmatch matches were much more fluid.

0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Hey everyone, hello

There is new update for Graphics , named 27.20.100.8935 (Released Nov 6 2020)

Can someone check this update, does the problem still persists ?

I have deleted Valorant as of now becuase of frustration.

Please check and update.

Utzav
New Contributor I
Hello everyone,
The thing is that i deleted 'Valorant' and didnt played it for like 2 weeks.
Yesterday, i upgraded my disk driver from HDD to SSD and installed game 'Valorant'. And there was not a single lag in it. All the game modes From Practice range to other ranked games,the game performed pretty well and no single fps drop amd shutters.
And the intel graphics driver i automatically got from the windows update was (27.20.100.8681) and played in it.
Now, I would like to say that the problem probably exists to people who have HDD and the game cant probably handle or porcesses slow in it from the driver version above 8476.
Thats All to say.
i5_1035G1_Sat24

You reinstalled OS ? OR you just deleted Valorant in HDD and then you cloned your whole System to SSD and then Installed Valorant and played it on Driver 27.20.100.8681 with no lags ?  

0 Kudos
Utzav
New Contributor I
I installed whole new OS with new lisence key and installed valorant on SSD. (I dint put any of my previous files on it)
And yes i got the the 8681 version when the whole OS was updating and didnt move forward to update the driver.😂
0 Kudos
JensA
Novice
That is very interesting if the speed of the disk was the issue (as opposed to getting a new disk), but I am curious as to how a single update to the graphics drivers could cause such a drastic shift in performance.
0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Yes, exactly @JensA , why will we have problem only after some specific driver updates ? 

0 Kudos
Utzav
New Contributor I

I dont know whether it only the problem of HDD or something like that 

but in my case, when i had HDD game lagged a lot as like unplayable but after the SSD installation, the lag literally gone for literally all the time.

0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

My case is as follow, 

Whenever I play valorant on 26.20.100.8141 on UHD G1 it gives me 70 or 80 FPS in highest settings (all high but Vsync, vignette, Anti-aliasing, Distortion and all that stuff to "off").

But the problem is whenever I update to latest drivers (any drivers) , it freezes frequently (same settings) but the game reaches 70-80 FPS but freezes are too constant (like Once in 3-5 Seconds and stays for about 5-6 Seconds) so no point of such FPS.

Both scenes are on same system with HDD but with different Driver version.

As with your case @Utzav , the problem might have gone because of fresh Installation of OS.

This cannot be problem of HDD or SSD, its surely problem of Driver, game, Windows.

0 Kudos
Utzav
New Contributor I

@i5_1035G1_Sat24 

OK...that might be true but i remember when i had HDD my usage always became 100% at initial stage while playing valorant   but After SSD installation, it only reach 5-6%. so, that might help me too.

But there is no issue in saying that "new drivers  performed drastically bad compared to previous drivers."

like u said:

But the problem is whenever I update to latest drivers (any drivers) , it freezes frequently (same settings) but the game reaches 70-80 FPS but freezes are too constant (like Once in 3-5 Seconds and stays for about 5-6 Seconds) so no point of such FPS.

There were not showing any fps drop in the 'in-game graph' of 'client fps' but there was a freeze and shuttering that was not from the game.

That was exactly the same case with me.

0 Kudos
JensA
Novice
Agreed; my issues are exactly the same.

From Utzav's information, the only possibilities are that a fresh install of Windows is required (though I'm still not sure which files get deleted from this procedure to get a better outcome); or that Intel implemented a feature in recent driver updates that requires high disk speeds.

Another tiny possibility is that previous Intel driver versions leave files which conflict with more recent driver updates.
This is unlikely, as I have done clean driver uninstalls several times before updating to more recent drivers (to no avail).
However, Utzav noted that his initial graphics driver installation upon installing Windows was of version .8681 (specifically the first driver version where the issue introduces itself).
Since he didn't have any previous driver installs on that SSD prior (as far as I know), I can't rule out the possibility that leftover files that can only be deleted through a fresh install of Windows may conflict with Valorant.
0 Kudos
Shanthosh
Beginner

I have reinstalled several times and it never worked. I have tried 1709, 2004 and 20H2

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

Windows version is not the source that is causing this, we have found 2 solutions in this forum post

1. Upgrade your hdd to sdd

2. If you have intel UHD 620, download a driver version older than 8476 if you have a different driver, download the driver version you had before the lag and stutter started. 

As far as I've seen, these 2 fixes haven't been shown anywhere from here and if these two fixes don't work try other fixes online.

0 Kudos
Shanthosh
Beginner

I have reinstalled my OS atleast 10 times, Have tried 1909, 2004, 20H2 and even 1709 and tried many driver versions. None of them worked. My friend with identical specs and ssd with latest driver gets much better performance.

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

I have an SSD and i still have the problem, what I can confirm is that valorant uses less than 5% disk space when running so I don't think it's the disk driver for my case.  The game runs smoothly around 80 fps on the range and it runs around 60 fps on deathmatch and in unrated, the fps drops to 1 whenever I do something more than running

0 Kudos
ShivamYT
Novice

tell me really i am trying to fix valorant lag since 6 months really

so i am now also buying a ssd

0 Kudos
henriquesmarques
Beginner

Hello, I did the update of the version of November 6 and the problem persists, but it seems persists in who has the valorant installed on hdd that is my case.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your input, Please don't forget to include the SSU.txt report when posting in this thread, we need the full report! As you know reproducing this issue has been challenging for us and we need as much info as possible to determine where the results disparity is coming from (HDD vs SSD is a good start though!)

I haven't checked with our debug team if they used HDD or SSD but I'm pretty sure they probably used an SSD.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

ShivamYT
Novice

bro same so frustated bcs of extreme stutter

0 Kudos
NORMAL
Novice

Even after the 100.8935 update I still have this issue in Valorant. Anyone found a fix for this? Currently using 100.8476 update.

0 Kudos
henriquesmarques
Beginner

No news ?

0 Kudos