Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Valorant Intel UHD 620 Frame Drops persists Downgrading

Chilly
Beginner

I've downgraded to version 8476 to fix my issue but im still getting frame drops. Then, I tried downgrading with dell's drivers (im using inspiron 5570) and still got frame drops. Then, I tried downgrading to the lowest DCH driver and still got frame drops when looking at enemies. After dropping once, it doesnt drop again but its frustrating because it happens with everything in the game (shooting, abilities, seeing enemies etc). It also resets when I close the game. Please help.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Chilly

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that Intel has been unable to replicate this issue on multiple systems using different processors and integrated graphics and our latest generic DCH drivers. This issue is being discussed on this Community thread.

Since the issue persists after rolling back to driver 27.20.100.8476 (one of the 2 workarounds we recommend), we would like to know if the game is installed on a mechanical hard drive. If it is, have you also tried the other suggestion of switching from a mechanical hard drive to a Solid State Drive (SSD)?

Also, please provide us with the following information so we can review this further:

1- Have you tried using the recommended settings for the game based on your processor model? Please visit https://gameplay.intel.com/games/valorant to check and apply recommended settings.

2- Did it work fine before? If it did, do you handle the driver version(s) that work fine?

Also, if this worked as expected at any point, were there any hardware or software changes (e.g.: Windows, game, or driver updates) that may relate to the point when the issue first occurred?

3- Just to make sure, does the issue also occur using the latest generic Intel® DCH Graphics driver version 31.0.101.2111?

4- When you said "downgraded to version 8476 (...)", did you just roll back the driver from Windows* Device Manager? Or did you perform a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows*? (we recommend trying the clean install process to install the drivers in case you haven't tried it yet).

5- Just in case, please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify that both the processor and the GPU (Graphics Processing Unite) are fine. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

6- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Chilly
Beginner
1. I’ve already tweaked the game’s default settings and set everything to the lowest including resolution.

2. It worked fine during the beta and I stopped playing for a bit. I came back in 2021 and it ran 1 FPS so I downgraded drivers. It worked but always froze for about 10 seconds when seeing an enemy even on .8476

3. I installed the latest graphics driver and ticked perform clean installation. I didnt uninstall the previous driver from device manager or use DDU. I did check device manager and the version was the latest.

4. I both rolled back and performed a clean installation using DDU. Neither worked.

5 + 6. I will try these in the morning.
0 Kudos
Chilly
Beginner

Here is 5 and 6. I am on a mechanical hard driver and get an SSD would be difficult for me.

0 Kudos
Chilly
Beginner

I already know about the main thread. The reason I have posted this one is because version .8476 did not work for me unlike the others. I read the whole thread and found no other solution than an SSD. I haven’t tried it yet but I am not planning to get one soon.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Chilly

Thank you for your response.

Due to the issue persists on Intel® generic drivers 31.0.101.2111, 27.20.100.8476, "lowest DCH drivers", and downgrading with dell's drivers.

Just to make sure we cover all the possibilities, we would like to know if you also tested with the latest customized driver from Dell version 27.20.100.9664, A10*. In case you haven't tried it yet, we recommend installing it by following the steps in this article. Please test the game and let us know if the behavior is different.

Also, we suggest checking the game Web site or using the provided game updating tool to make sure that the game is up-to-date.

In addition, we can see in the Intel® SSU report that there is a reference to an additional "graphics adapter" LuminonCore IDDCX Adapter which is common when using a device as an external display (e.g.: an Ipad). If you're indeed using such type of device when the behavior occurs, we recommend unplugging it from the computer and testing the behavior again.

Finally, we can see that there is a new BIOS version available for your system, version 1.10.0*. We recommend contacting DELL* Support for assistance to install the BIOS to see if this may help with the behavior, improve performance, etc.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Chilly
Beginner
I tried using the latest dell driver but that just locked me to 1 FPS again.

I uninstalled the Luminon adapter and installed the latest dell BIOS and install version .8476 again. Issue still persists. As for the game updates I have no idea.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Chilly

Thank you for your response and for trying the previous recommendations. Please allow us to take a look into this and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Chilly

At this point, our recommendation is to check with the game developer for further assistance as Intel has been unable to replicate this issue in different systems. You may also try later the workaround suggested by some other customers which is testing an SSD.

On the other hand, you can join and follow the thread https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Valorant-Driver-Compatibility-Issues-UHD-620/m-p/1213635#M90233 where any relevant update will be posted if available. 

Having said that, we would like to know if you agree to close this thread to avoid duplication of efforts due to any new information (when/if available) would be shared on the other thread.

We will be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Chilly

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you have additional inquiries or if you agree to close this thread, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Chilly

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos