Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Valorant Latest Driver Issue with Iris Xe

Aethelton
Beginner

Hi, I'm currently using the new Dell XPS 13 9310 with i7-1195G7. I have a 3456x2160 display and it's the resolution I set my windows to run at. I recently installed Valorant with the latest intel DCH driver (30.0.101.1069) and it made the game run at 1 fps. When I dialed the driver back to 27.20.100.8439 the game ran fine but when I quit Valorant, it made windows run slow and denies application for accessing the graphics.

My Valorant settings are at 1920x1200 low for everything.

Thank you very much for reading this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Aethelton, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was the game Valorant working fine before on this specific machine?

Is there any particular reason why you did the graphics driver update?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides the driver update that might cause this issue?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Aethelton
Beginner

Hi, thank you for replying! I just bought this computer like a week ago, it's brand new and came with Windows 11 Home.

I just wanted to update the drivers to make the computer perform better.  Valorant did work fine before I updated the driver.

I did update every driver that needed to update in one session, but as far as I tested, the graphics driver is the biggest variable since I tested many driver version and some just have 1 fps the whole game and some have huge stutters in game and some ran ok but quitting the game causes windows to slow down.

I'm currently running 27.20.100.8439 graphics driver because this is the only one that works ok in Valorant but lags windows after quitting the game. I did test with the latest driver 30.0.101.1069 and it results in 1 fps even in main menu of Valorant.

I've also attached the file that I saved from SSU as per requested.

Thank you again for your help. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Aethelton, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Yes, based on the SSU document, as you mentioned, the graphics driver currently installed on your computer is version 27.20.100.8439.

Just to let you know, the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your specific machine. For that reason, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform, that should be the proper driver for your device, tested and validated by them.

I looked on Dell's website and the latest graphics driver they have available for your laptop is version 30.0.100.9955, A09. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=twwj1&oscode=w2021&productcode=xps-13-9310-laptop

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics.html

Also, we advise to get in contact with Dell support directly to confirm if the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your system or, if necessary, to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Aethelton, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Aethelton, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos