Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Video stuttering in fullscreen

Shishirps1997
Novice
First fo all i dont have much knowledge about computer stuff. I recently updated my intel driver and after that whenever i try to watch a movie or a video on any of my video players they stutter.. It only happens if i am watching it on fullscreen.
This is my computer specs..
-Asus Tuf Gaming FX505GM. 307(laptop model)
-WINDOWS 10 HOME 2009(10.0.19042)
-Intel core i5-8300H cpu@2.30ghz
-intel uhd 630 graphics
-nvidia geforce gtx 1060
-ram 8GB
-ssd 512Gb

Also intel graphics windows 10 DCH drivers updates keep coming to me even after installing them so many times.. I think this is what causing the trouble... Hope i get my problem solved!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Shishirps1997,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

I noticed with the report that you are using a laptop with dual graphics, dual graphics systems are designed to run the demanding graphics tasks with the dedicated GPU, in this case, the Nvidia* card.

I also noticed that you are using a generic driver from Intel*, there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system.

The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.

Please, try a clean installation with the graphics driver provided by ASUS*.

Clean installation steps:

1. Download the latest Graphics Driver from Asus, version: Version V25.20.100.6374 https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505/HelpDesk_Download/

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Driver from  Apps and Features.

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Go to the Device Manager > Video Adapters and check if the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point, we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 
    5.1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'
    5.2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    5.3. Click on 'Uninstall'
    5.4. Restart. (Repeat steps 5.1 through 5.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') Note: Repeat this process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

6. Install the previously downloaded Graphics Driver from ASUS.

7. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your PC. 

If the issue persists using the OEM driver, please contact ASUS* to verify if your system is running the videos with the Nvidia* GPU, they can also guide you to update the Nvidia driver.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Shishirps1997,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Is the issue only on the embedded display or with an external one? (If it is with an external display, please let us know which type of connection are you using.
  • Provide the name of the video players you're using.
  • Attach a video to see the behavior.

Provide us with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Shishirps1997
Novice

-sorry i dont know what embedded or external displays are

-i use mostly vlc media player but it is also happening in windows media player

-i have attached the video you requested and the details generated by the intel SSU tool of my laptop

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Shishirps1997,

Thank you for the information. I will proceed to check the report and video, please expect a response soon.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Shishirps1997,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

I noticed with the report that you are using a laptop with dual graphics, dual graphics systems are designed to run the demanding graphics tasks with the dedicated GPU, in this case, the Nvidia* card.

I also noticed that you are using a generic driver from Intel*, there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system.

The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.

Please, try a clean installation with the graphics driver provided by ASUS*.

Clean installation steps:

1. Download the latest Graphics Driver from Asus, version: Version V25.20.100.6374 https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505/HelpDesk_Download/

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Driver from  Apps and Features.

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Go to the Device Manager > Video Adapters and check if the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point, we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 
    5.1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'
    5.2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    5.3. Click on 'Uninstall'
    5.4. Restart. (Repeat steps 5.1 through 5.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') Note: Repeat this process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

6. Install the previously downloaded Graphics Driver from ASUS.

7. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your PC. 

If the issue persists using the OEM driver, please contact ASUS* to verify if your system is running the videos with the Nvidia* GPU, they can also guide you to update the Nvidia driver.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Maria_R_Intel

Hello Shishirps1997,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Shishirps1997
Novice

yes,i checked the post and my problem is solved.I downloaded nvidia drivers from the asus website and performed a clean installation and it is working fine now.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Shishirps1997,

Thank you for let us know the outcome, we're glad to hear that your issue is solved now!

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos