Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Videos black with audio - Must disable Intel Integrated graphics 630

hpmain
Novice

I currently am unable to watch videos as I normally do. If i try the video turns black whenever I move my mouse. To watch videos I must go into my device manager and manually disable my integrated Intel graphics which is really annoying as it's tedious and cuts my performance.

My drivers are all updated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello hpmain,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you I would appreciate if you could provide more information about your system.

Please run the following tool and attach the reports generated.  

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link

1.      Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information.

2.      By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

3.      Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

4.      To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Additionally I would like to gather the following information:

• Was the computer working fine at certain point? What changes were made prior to this behavior?
  • What is your OS version?
  • Does this occur in a platform in specific? Where are you watching the videos?

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
spaceship9876
Beginner

I also have a problem playing youtube videos. I am using the latest version of microsoft edge (85.0.564.51). Sometimes when playing youtube videos the video is black if the cursor is over the video, i have to move the cursor off the video to be able to watch it in non-fullscreen mode. It is impossible for the video to play when in fullscreen mode. I have been experiencing this problem for around 2 weeks which i think i might have installed the latest gpu drivers around then and the latest microsoft edge. The only way to solve this problem is to restart the browser.

I have a HD 620 laptop gpu (no 3rd party gpus in my laptop) with the latest gpu driver driver (27.20.100.8587). I'm running latest windows 10 v2004 x64 fully updated.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello hpmain,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello hpmain,

Thank you for your response.

• Can you please confirm if this behavior occurs also in a different browser?

After checking the report we noticed that we are working with an Original Equipment Manufacturer device.

When talking about laptops, it’s worth mentioning that Intel provides generic versions of software and drivers. 

Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes.  

First, I would recommend checking your laptop manufacturer website in order to download the latest compatible drivers for your device. This is to avoid any potential impact caused by loading a non-customized driver.

If the behavior persists, then we can try to update your graphics driver to the latest generic version provided by Intel.

I was checking the available downloads for your graphics adapter and I found a new driver release.

You can try updating the driver to version 27.20.100.8681.

Please refer to the article Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10 for the steps to update the driver.

Please let me know what the outcome is.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello hpmain,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello hpmain, 

We have not heard back from you. 

As previously stated, I would strongly recommend the installation of the drivers/software provided by your OEM.

Hopefully, you were able to resolve this behavior after checking with them.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos