Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

Vulkan not working for XPlane 12

ThomasW
Beginner

Hi all,

I tried posting this twice but it keeps getting flagged as spam.  So I'll try attaching a txt file with my actual question.  If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Thomas

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_Intel

Hello ThomasW,

Intel is currently aware of the issue, and we are investigating it for a potential fix. At this point we cannot commit to any outcome, but rest assured our driver debug team is working on it.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and if not, let me know if we can close this thread since we are currently working to get this issue fixed.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
OE-DJ1
Beginner

Hi,

I'm no Intel technician, just a X-Plane user in the same boat as you.

Did you find the other threads regarding X-Plane 11 and 12 here?

The error messages regarding missing functions in log files look very similar. There is feedback from Intel Support that the errors relating to X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12 are each treated under a bug ID.

What I would like to ask - did you try also X-Plane 11 under OpenGL and Vulkan API? 

Kind regards

0 Kudos
ThomasW
Beginner

Thanks for the reply!

I saw a couple posts about XPlane 12, I didn't catch the bug number so I will have to go back and check that out.  Good to know it is officially recognized as a problem.

I did run the X Plane 12 demo, I was able to run it fine in OpenGL but the checkbox to run with Vulkan is greyed out so I could not try that, I assume for the same reasons that XP12 doesn't work.

I will go research the other threads and patiently watch for progress on this.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

-Thomas

0 Kudos
ThomasW
Beginner

Whoops, typo, I ran the XP11 demo in OpenGL, not XP12.

I'll watch and wait for the driver updates to fix these issues, thanks all who replied.

0 Kudos
OE-DJ1
Beginner

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

The behavior with greyed out Vulkan option (and fine with OpenGL) is identical to my UHD 770 graphics.

You may want to have a look at

X-Plane 12 

X-Plane 11 

How well did XP 11 demo run with OpenGL? Would you be so kind to tell your ingame graphic settings, screen resolution and achievable fps in demo area around KSEA?

I'm very curious how much faster your Arc 770 is than my UHD 770.

I'm interested getting an Arc card in future and I'm (hopefully) confident that Intel will fix the problems now as it's officially known.

Kind regards,

Dietmar

0 Kudos
ThomasW
Beginner

XP11 runs quite well, though the anti-aliasing is buggy turned all the way up, there are horizontal striations in the scenery depending on lighting.  I think it's an Xplane/OpenGL issue though as it isn't overworking the card and it looks better turned down.  I've attached a screenshot of my settings, except I was running full screen at 1080, not windowed.  At Renton with sky BKN mid day I was getting 30-40fps depending on how aggressive the maneuvering was with scenery in the windscreen.

I'd highly recommend the card though.  The new MSFS runs on ultra-high at 1080 (and some settings even bumped beyond this) and I run sync'd at 30fps without any notable glitches.  It will run even faster but syncing keeps the card working less, so temps stay in the low 60's. 

-Thomas

0 Kudos
OE-DJ1
Beginner

Hi,

thank you for sharing your experience. Yes, it looks fine.

For comparison with UHD 770; default Cessna, default scenery at KRNT, my quality settings are way lower und no weather (clear sky).

Activating weather drops to 10-15 fps, pushing up AA or filtering seems useless. In less complex areas I get 30-35 fps, which is quite fine.

I'm willing to wait a few weeks to see if the issues are resolved by then.

Kind regards,

Dietmar

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello ThomasW,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are indeed investigating about this issue, and we will be providing further updates or release a new driver with the fix soon.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello ThomasW,

Intel is currently aware of the issue, and we are investigating it for a potential fix. At this point we cannot commit to any outcome, but rest assured our driver debug team is working on it.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and if not, let me know if we can close this thread since we are currently working to get this issue fixed.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

As for now, we will proceed to close this thread.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos