Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

What can I do to get a 1440 resolution (max I am getting is 1080) on desktop with 4400 graphics and

RDutt9
Beginner

I have an HP desktop with Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) and with Intel HD Graphics 4400. This desktop has Usb3.0 port, VDA and Dlink ports but no HDMI. I have a monitor that can display upto 2560/1440, but the max I am getting is 1080p. What can I do to get the 1440 resolution? Update the graphics card? Any advise will be highly appreciated

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You mean you have only VGA and DVI ports, right? What does this DVI port look like?

If it is one of the Dual-Link forms, you should, in theory, be able to get to your higher resolution - provided, of course, that you also have a Dual-Link-compliant DVI cable AND a Dual-Link-compliant DVI port in the monitor.

I am willing to bet, knowing HP, that you will need to add a graphics card to get what you want here.

...S

0 Kudos
RDutt9
Beginner

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the typo. VGA and DVI ports are there. There is also usb 3.0 ports. The monitor spec says it is DVI Dual-link, however the spec on the desktop says DVI-D. I can buy a dual link DVI cable and try. In case that does not work, do I have to replace the graphics card or add a graphics card? And how do I find out what graphics cards are compatible?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You'd be adding a video card; the Intel HD Graphics engine is built into the processor. You'll have to look at the motherboard spec to see what is supported.

...S​

0 Kudos
RDutt9
Beginner

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos