Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

What does this all mean and what do I do? I have one driver update and i keep getting.... I go to the manuffacture and I don't know what to do?

kmarq
Beginner

The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the correct driver from the computer manufacture.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

That means you need to go to the manufacturer (of your device) and use THEIR driver.

You are using IDSA to update your drivers, correct? And, you do not have an Intel device, but rather a laptop made by another manufacturer, correct?

If so, IDSA is not intended for your device. Use the driver update tool provided by your device manufacturer.

Now, if you insist on using the Intel generic driver, provide your processor model number and Windows 10 version (like 1903 or 1909), and we will try to help.

Note: If you have DUAL graphics, you must use the drivers provided by your manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
kmarq
Beginner

I don't think i replied directly to your comment but i posted below

0 Kudos
kmarq
Beginner

It's a Home Computer not a laptop

0 Kudos
kmarq
Beginner

ok Windows10 - 1903. Processor - Intel Core i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70 GHz

0 Kudos
kmarq
Beginner

I am going to do my best here and give you all the information so you can help me. I really appreciate your time sir. I have a Dell Inspiron 3650. I am using my AVAST Driver updater which which leads me IDSA Graphics 530 - Intel Graphics Windows 10 DCH Drivers - Latest version 7463 Installed version 6374.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, even though you are using that obscene AVAST tool, I will still try to help.<G>

As you know, the latest DCH driver is here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29195?product=90729

Download the Zip version.

Then, follow the instructions here (for the manual install).

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Doc

0 Kudos
kmarq
Beginner

Wow Al. Not an Avast fan I see. Lol. My subscription for Avast ends in 2 weeks. What do YOU suggest I get?

Any who, I'm going to follow your instructions. I will let you know what happens. Thank you so much for your help. Sincerely, Karen

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Difficult question. I would avoid any avg/avast product like the plague. And, I do not see any need to pay for AV products.

A well configured Windows 10 1909 system, with Windows Defender, one of the big three browsers, and practicing safe surfing is what I use.

Doc

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @kmarq​ 

1. I checked the specifications of Dell Inspiron 3650 computers. It appears that could be your computer is equipped with DUAL graphics. If this is the case, as Al mentioned before in his post, you should use only drivers release by DELL.
  2. You may use this page https://www.dell.com/support/home/il/en/ilbsdt1/product-support/product/inspiron-3650-desktop/drivers to detect and download the suitable drivers.

Leon

0 Kudos
kmarq
Beginner

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it. Sincerely, Karen

0 Kudos