Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

What processors have an internal Gen11 GPU *with* FP64 (double precision) enabled?

JOdio
Beginner

FP64 seems to be disabled in Gen11 Ice Lake iGPUs. Is FP64 usually disabled for iGPUs in laptop processors? What about Gen11 iGPU desktop processors? Is FP64 *always* disabled in consumer Gen11 iGPUs? If so, will there be Xeon processors with Gen11 iGPU with FP64 enabled?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello JOdio

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please allow me to look into your inquiry regarding support for Double Point Precision Computing (FP64) on Intel® Integrated Graphics on Intel® Processors.

As soon as I have more details I will be posting back.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JOdio
Beginner

Let me phrase the question differently (since Gen11 desktop chips are not out yet):

Have FP64 enabled iGPUs ever been available in consumer desktop chips?

Because a desktop chip should not be so concerned with the small energy saving that would result from disabling FP64. Even on a laptop. I'm guessing that on a laptop, those FP64 cores are removed completely and are not actually disabled. Is that correct?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello JOdio,

Regarding your inquiry, I would like to inform you that FP64 is supported on 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th Generation Processors including Apollo Lake and Gemini Lake.

Also, this feature is not included in the 10th Generation Processors.

I am still investigating regarding your additional inquiries from the last post. As soon as I have more details, I will be posting back.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello JOdio,

Hope you are doing fine.

Please let me share the following information regarding your inquiries:

1- Regarding if FP64 enabled Integrated Graphics Processing Unit (iGPU) has been ever available in consumer desktop chips, yes, it is enabled on 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th Generation processors including Apollo Lake and Gemini Lake.

2- Regarding if those FP64 cores are removed completely and are not actually disabled on laptops, FP64 is enabled on 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th Generation processors (desktop and mobile) including Apollo Lake and Gemini Lake. In this case, please check with the Laptop manufacturer for any potential customization that is outside Intel's control.

Should you have additional inquiries, please let me know.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello JOdio,

If you need further assistance or have additional inquiries, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello JOdio,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos