Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Where can I find pre-DCH legacy driver for HD630/Win10?

RWhit16
Beginner

I have auto-updated the intel graphics and lost the Intel graphics control panel from the desktop (right click menu). Also ,since the update, several graphics changes don't "take" when I apply them. This results in being unable to recallibrate my settings for proper HTPC graphics output.

I have uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled the way Intel suggests, several times. I would now like to revert back to the pre-DCH driver.

Where do I find the older drivers please?

Many thanks from New Zealand.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Search for drivers in the Intel Download Center as you have done in the past. In the roughest of terms, any Windows 10 drivers that the final segment of their version string being less than 6444 are the non-DCH drivers.

Now, you do realize that (as depressing as it sounds) all future bug fixes, etc. will only be occurring in the DCH drivers, right?

...S

0 Kudos
RWhit16
Beginner

Thanks Scott. I have had trouble finding the older drivers. Can you point me to the right pleace to download the latest non-DCH driver?

Yes ,I realise that bug fixes are only for the latest and greatest but unfortunately the DCH driver broke my setup badly and undoes the purpose for which it was built. Right now DHC feels a bit half baked and will hopefully improve over time. Given the HTPC has but one "function" any of the old drivers worked fine for that one function.

I will check back from time to time to see if things improve with the DCH drivers in the future.

Thanks again Scott and happy new year.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It looks like they have pulled the links for the older drivers. I will have to do some playing to see if I can find my way to them...

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RWhit16, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RWhit16
Beginner

Thanks David. I found and downloaded an older pre-6444 driver and that fixed the issue.

Thanks for your assistance. I appreciate the support.

Robin

0 Kudos