Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Where can I get an up to date driver for my x5-z8350 Windows 10 mini PC, please?

rwatt1
Beginner

Hi all,

I have just taken delivery of a neat little atom i5-z8350 based mini PC. It came with Windows 10 preinstalled, with an Intel graphics driver.

When I go to the "Graphics Properties..." window, and choose System Information, it tells me that it's Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8350, with Intel(R) HD Graphics 400.

Driver version is listed as 20.19.15.4444.

Unfortunately, on the TV that I am using as a monitor, I lose the edges of the screen.

My Intel NUC (running a 24 series driver) doesn't have this problem, so I thought I'd try to update the driver.

Unfortunately the "Intel Driver and Support Assistant" doesn't work - when I run the scan it just tells me that it failed.

When I tried to download the latest (24 series) driver and run it, it told me that this machine "didn't meet the minimum specifications".

The older driver options are older than the one I already have.

So, apologies if I am being dumb, but where can I get the latest driver for this machine?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Look at the settings on your TV. Many will have a setting to change the resolution, or switch between Natural and Native. Try those settings first.

Doc

0 Kudos
rwatt1
Beginner

"Look at the settings on your TV. Many will have a setting to change the resolution, or switch between Natural and Native. Try those settings first."

The same TV, with the same settings, gets the display (at the same resolution) from the NUC right.

0 Kudos
rwatt1
Beginner

> The same TV, with the same settings, gets the display (at the same resolution) from the NUC right.

But not it seems, on the same input

Selecting "Native" on both inputs gives the same results, so that solves it. Many thanks.

I'd still quite like to know where I can get the latest driver for this machine though!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, that was a lot more difficult than it should have been to find.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27780?v=t Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]

You will see in the "Detailed Description" that your Cherry Trail Processor (https://ark.intel.com/products/93361/Intel-Atom-x5-Z8350-Processor-2M-Cache-up-to-1_92-GHz Intel Atom® x5-Z8350 Processor (2M Cache, up to 1.92 GHz) Product Specifications ) is supported.

Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Kudos
rwatt1
Beginner

Thanks, but my current driver is 20.19.15.444 - I'm not sure 15.40 is an upgrade

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

It is an upgrade. The four-digit build number is relevant.

Check out:

0 Kudos