Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Why Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 650 and Iris Graphics 6100 does not displays textures on 3D object in qt application?

VSazo
Beginner

I created an application using QtCreator. It displays a three-dimensional model of a rotating wheel. The tread pattern is set by the texture. There is also texture for normal mapping. Textures are perfectly displayed on computers with Nvidia graphics cards. But on my NUC7i7BNH with graphics Intel Iris Plus 650 and on NUC5i7RYH with Intel Iris 6100, a black surface is displayed instead of textures. I have the latest version of the graphic driver. OS is Windows 10. I attached a zip file with my application. I think this problem is related to the graphics driver.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello VSazo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We currently have almost all the information we require to test this on our labs; however, could you please provide me with your OS build? Also, could you please tell me which graphics cards or system configurations you have tried?

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
VSazo
Beginner

Hello, Esteban.

I attach, system information file, It contain all information about my NUC7i7BNH.

My application works fine on motherboard P5QSE, with graphic card NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT and with same build of Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello VSazo,

Thank you for your response.

I was able to replicate your issue in our labs; using an Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNH with the following graphics drivers: 24.20.100.6194, 24.20.100.6286, 26.20.100.6890 and 26.20.100.7000. I have tested it on a Dell XPS 15 9575 (with an Intel® Core™ i7-8705G Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega M GL graphics/Intel® HD Graphics 630) and the issue does not occur; however, if I disable the Radeon™ RX Vega M GL graphics then the issue persists. Please note that both NUC and laptop with Windows 10 version 1809.

Please allow me to research a little bit more and try to find a solution for you.

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello,

I would like to let you know that this has been submitted to our driver development team for investigation under bug ID 1409978833.

As soon as we have an update I'll update this thread.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
VSazo
Beginner
Hello, Ronald. Tell me, please,  why all my cases are closed? I didn’t get a solution for my problem or any information about the reason for the closure. By the way, I recently observed the same problem on Intel UHD Graphics 630. This is the third GPU model from Intel on which I observe the same problem. Best regards, Vladimir.
0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Vladimir,

We closed the other cases you filed with Intel because they were for the same issue, thus causing duplication of internal efforts and creating unnecessary noise (each case takes resources away).

As I noted in my previous post, this issue has now been reported directly to our driver development team (Bug report ID 1409978833). Allow me to explain myself better: now that the bug is in our dev team queue you can rest assured that as soon as there is an update on the investigation we'll update this thread for you and all other users that may be interested in this issue.

I cannot provide an ETA for an update, but the bug report 1409978833 is opened and active.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos