Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Why doesn't Driver Assistant icon appear in systems tray.

JCiof
Beginner

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello JCiof, Thank you for posting on this Community. The tray icon should start automatically after installation and open the default browser. We recommend reinstalling the tool and see if the issue persists: 1.Uninstall the existing IDSA tool in the system with the Uninstaller tool. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28598/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller 2.Download and install the latest IDSA version from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425 3.Double-click "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Installer.exe" to run the setup program 4.Read and agree to the license terms and conditions 5.Select "Install" 6.Click the "Launch" button. If the issue persists, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JCiof
Beginner
Warren G .. Scan info sent… Hope I did it correctly.. I should mention that the problem has now changed a little.. It appears that the Icon shows up In the notification area (Systems tray) only on a restart… On cold boot-up it does not show in the tray… ????? Tried Uninstalling per your instructions with the tool downloaded at the link you provided and reinstalled the program at the link you provided… Still have the error… Thank you for your help… Any additional info would be very much appreciated… I should mention that on a cold boot it does not appear. Thanks for your help JC
0 Kudos
JCiof
Beginner
WannerG Second Scan being sent now… Believe the first scan sent to you may not have been correct
0 Kudos
JCiof
Beginner
Please forgive me for misspelling your name!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello JCiof, Thank you for your response. If I understood correctly, the tray icon does not show up only if you hard boot your computer. Does it occur if when you normally boot or restart your computer? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JCiof
Beginner
Yes, hard boot ( cold boot) start it does NOT appear……. If I do a “ restart” it will appear !!! The download site you suggested to download program- does make mention of some icon problems.. Thank You John
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello JCiof, Thank you for clarifying. We tested the tool and we were able to replicate this behavior. As you were saying, the latest Intel® DSA version includes a fix for this issue. If you have an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) system (e.g. DELL*, Lenovo*, etc), we recommend uninstalling the tool and continue installing the drivers directly from your system manufacturer's website. Some of them have their own driver tools that may help you keep your system up to date. If you would like to help Intel improve this tool, please let us know. We can gather log files in order to continue improving the tool. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JCiof
Beginner
Thank you for the info… I am able to pin the program to the taskbar.. so this is not a problem.. However, the program always worked prior to downloading the latest version..by the icon in the SYSTEMS TRAY… Since the program will not run if a later version is available, cannot go back to earlier version .. Problem not worth pursuing… .Thank you for your help… John
0 Kudos
zyborg
Novice

I'm having the same problem - with the latest version of the Intel Driver and Support Tool. Please refer to the attached system info file (created using Intel SSU).

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@zyborg 

Start a new thread for yourself.   This  one is 4 years old.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos