Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Why is Intel Support Assistant asking me to re-update my graphics' drivers for the 3rd time?

Master9565
Beginner

I am encountering this problem for the first time, my PC was also restarted at both times when I installed new drivers for my IGPU. I can’t think of a reason where I am wrong or is something wrong with Intel Support Assistant?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Good question!

So the IDSA team can look into this, here's what you need to do:

1. Create a ZIP file containing all of the contents within folders "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\Data" and "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\Logs".
  2. Respond to the post attaching this ZIP file to the response (drag the ZIP file to where it says Drag and drop here or browse files to attach.

In the meantime, from the iDSA screen, select the update and then hide it. This way, it will stop prompting you to update it (again).

...S

0 Kudos
Master9565
Beginner

Hey, Scott.
I tried to copy files from the Logs folder but, it seems like they didn't copy these files as they were being used by the computer:

Logs\Service\Service20211105.log
Logs\Service\UpdateService20211104.log

I've hidden the message from the iDSA screen. Thanks for telling me this!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Master9565,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html 

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Master9565
Beginner

Hey DeividA_Intel, 
I have successfully scanned my PC and saved it as a TXT file on my PC. Am I now supposed to share it here?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Master9565, 

We will need the report for further research. Please attached the report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to your next post.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Master9565
Beginner

Hey Deivid, 

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to share the file here which contained all of my PC's information. I have attached the file to my post.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Master9565, 

This issue may be related to the release date of the packaged driver or due to a miscommunication between the generic drivers (Intel) and the customized drivers (HP). At this point I recommend you hide the notification or try a manual update of the driver.

- Turn off the Driver Update Notification: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056698/software/software-applications.html

Also, due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
dmartsar
Beginner

Hello I have the same problem

0 Kudos