Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Why the latest version of Intel DSA does not work?

DSuvo2
Beginner

I have installed the latest version of Intel DSA (20.2.9.6), but when I try to update drivers I get this message. My CPU is Core i7 8700. Win10. I've attached DSA-folder from ProgramData/Intel.

Reinstalling Intel DSA (any methood, including Uninstaller tool) is not helpful.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Clear your browser cache.

Doc

0 Kudos
DSuvo2
Beginner

Did't help. Also it doesn't work in any browser (Chrome, Edge).

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DSuvo2

Thank you for posting in this Intel® Community.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Did a previous version of Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) work fine before? If yes, please provide details and please let us know if there was any Windows-Software-Intel DSA update before the behavior started.

2- Computer/motherboard brand and model:

3- Are you connecting to the Internet using a proxy or VPN? Have you checked Firewall or Security hardware/software is not blocking Intel DSA?

4- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

4.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

4.2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

4.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

4.4- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DSuvo2

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DSuvo2

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
DSuvo2
Beginner

Hello Andrew!

Sorry for not answering for a long time.

My motherboard is ASROCK Z370 Pro4

I have no proxy, VPN or Firewall enabled.

I've attached "scan" file to this message.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DSuvo2

Thank you for your response and the report provided.

However, we are still missing some details requested in the previous posts. Could you please confirm the following as well as additional inquiries we have after checking the Intel® SSU report? We would appreciate it if you could provide as many details as possible.

1- Did a previous version of Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) work fine before? If yes, please provide details and please let us know if there was any Windows-Software-Intel DSA update or any hardware upgrade/change before the behavior started.

2- What components did you use Intel® DSA to scan drivers for? (For instance: Graphics, Wireless, etc?).

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is intended to provide scan and identify drivers most likely for Graphics Drivers, Wireless Networking and Wired Networking devices. For more information, please refer to Intel® Driver & Support Assistant FAQ >> What components does the tool detect?

3- Please provide a screenshot showing the full Intel® DSA webpage when scanning drivers (not only the error message section):

4- After checking the Intel® SSU report, we noticed that you have an NVIDIA® video card installed. Did you recently install it, maybe matching when the issue started?

Is the Intel® UHD Graphics 630 Controller present and enabled in Windows® >> Device Manager >> Display Adapters?

5- We understand that you have tried reinstalling the tool. Just to make sure, did you follow the process below? If no, could you please try it and let us know the outcome:

5.1- Uninstall the current version of Intel® DSA from Windows® Apps & Features.

5.2- Run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller.

5.3- Clear Browser cache and all files from "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA" (if there is any).

5.4- Reboot the system.

5.5- Install the new version of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Version: 20.2.9.6

If the issue persists after reinstalling the latest version of Intel® DSA, please kindly provide all the information requested and attached a new zip folder with all the files located at "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA" so we can investigate further.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
DSuvo2
Beginner

1 - I just reinstalled Windows on different (not new) HDD before installing Intel DSA, so no previous versions were used in the current system. Everything was fine in the past (before reinstalling Windows). There was no hardware update.

2 - I just right-button click on the Intel DSA icon in the tray and choose "Check for updates" and I always did it this way in the past. I don't know how to choose a specific driver to scan for.

3 - Screenshot showing the full Intel® DSA webpage when scanning drivers is attached to this message. (I'm from Russia, so I Google translated the page for you).

4 - NVIDIA video card is not new, it was in my system for a long time already and never caused any problems with Intel DSA. Yes, Intel UHD Graphics 630 Controller present and enabled in Windows® » Device Manager » Display Adapters.

5 - I've already done this procedure. But I did it once again just before sending this message and it didn't help.

0 Kudos
DSuvo2
Beginner

Zip folder with all the files located at "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DSuvo2

Thank you very much for all the information provided and the new log files. Please allow us to look into them and as soon as we have more details available we will be posting back in this thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DSuvo2

We have been working with the log files you provided, however, it seems that there are some logs missing or incomplete from the attachments.

Could you please double-check if the following log files are located in the "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA" and try to attach them in a zip file to this thread?

• Service.Log
  • ServiceHelper.Log
  • Tray.Log

Note: When looking for those files, please check "hidden files and folders" are being displayed in Windows:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
  2. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.

After uploading the files to this thread, you can revert the previous settings.

If any of those files are missing in the ProgramData path, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
DSuvo2
Beginner

Hello Andrew

In my latest reply there is a zip-file containing all the log-files, including Service.Log, ServiceHelper.Log, Tray.Log (https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006vMRRSA2)

However I attached requested log-files to my post.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DSuvo2

Thank you very much for your response.

We noticed that the required logs files are attached int he LOGs.zip file.

We will continue working on this and we will be updating this thread as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
jeduars
Beginner

Hey everyone.. i had been following this thread because I had this problem and it was making me crazy. I found a potential solution so I'm posting in case it helps someone else.

I have had the DSA error for a few weeks now, and tried reinstalling an all the suggested fixes with no results, for an unrelated reason I had to use the windows system information app and I was receiving an error saying:

"Cannot access the Windows Management Instrumentation software. Windows Management files may be moved or missing."

So I followed procedure number 4 on this website

https://windowsreport.com/windows-management-files-moved-missing-fix/

which solved the system information app problem, just by pure curiosity I decided to try DSA after applying the fix above and It started working all of a sudden.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DSuvo2

Thank you for your patience in this matter. We would like to know if you have checked the details shared by community peer jeduars.

Also, we have released a new version of Intel® DSA, could you please test and let us know the outcome? Please follow these steps:

1. Click “Refresh Results” on the menu on the left-hand side of the Intel® DSA scan page. With the latest Intel® DSA code this acts as complete “start over” for the service.
  2. Reboot the system. It’s possible that “Refresh page” isn’t enough of a “start over” so it really starts over.
  3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling (the normal way through Windows® Add/Remove programs). You can download the latest version for Intel® DSA from this link: Version: 20.5.20.3
  4. If the previous step does not solve the problem, please try the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller and reinstall the latest version again.

If the issues still persist, please provide the following information:

1- Web browsers and exact version (we noticed you mentioned Chrome and Edge, but we are missing details about browser versions.)

2- Do you have any browser plug-ins (ad blocking or script blocking)?

3- If you are a home user, what router are you using (brand and model)? Or are you in a company environment?

4- Do you have security or anti-virus software installed? Please provide details.

5- Please provide a new zip file with all the files that are located in the "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA" folder.

6- Please provide the "DSAUninstaller.log" file. You can find the location of the log file in File Explorer by searching for it by DSAUninstaller.log and please be sure to provide the most recently dated log).

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DSuvo2

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Should you have additional inquiries please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DSuvo2

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos