Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Wie kann man die Anwendungseinstellungen überschreiben, wenn die entsprechende Checkbox fehlt?

CSchm11
Beginner

0 Kudos
12 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Checkbox where? What are we talking about there?

...S

0 Kudos
CSchm11
Beginner

i habe a acer aspire with a intel uhd 620 and a geforce mx130 optimus. My former Laptop with a iris graphic chip used to have under the section Display a checkbox override application settings. As far ad i could find out the Control panel for the uhd 620 has had this option as well.

I like to play a old game with 3d acceleratios. It works perfectly well under Windows 10. Only its outdated opengl does not scale it properly on modern displays. When the game settings are overwritten, it works. Without this option it shows up in a tiny window or has awful lags. I tried resolution changes, 3d options in both graphic panels and comatibility options. Nothing has helped.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Presumably, the NVIDIA graphics engine should be alive when you are playing a game - which means that any changes that you make in the Intel Graphics Control Panel are irrelevant. You need to make the similar changes in the NVIDIA Graphics Control Panel to enable this. If you cannot figure it out, you should be contacting Acer or NVIDIA, not Intel, for help.

...S

0 Kudos
CSchm11
Beginner

Well, the geforce panel has only 3d option. The Display scaling seems to be always handled by the intel chip. Also is the game so old, that as standard the intel chip is chosen. And the missing checkbox is a problem of the intel graphic control panel. Acer could not help me. I ask them first.

Thank you for your efforts.

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello CSchm11, Thank you for the information provided. In order to have more details about your system and check if there is any other advice that we can provide you please attach the following report: • Please run the Intel® System Support Utility to have the details about the drivers installed: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 1. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 2. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 3. Please attach the document into the next post. Since we will be checking the information, I would like to ask you for a few more time in order to get a response for you. I will get back to you as soon as I have any update. Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
CSchm11
Beginner

Hallo Abigail_Intel, don't worry. The Problem isn't that urgent. I' m grateful for every help provided.

So i have run the tool and attached it.

I think the problem is an very outdated opengl which do not talk to modern displays very well. Inside the game configuration i can't change the default driver. Without the 3d acceleration the game lags very much. I tried to tweak it with 3d settings in both gpus without any luck. On my former laptop with a Iris graphic it has run perfectly well when the gpu has overwritten the game settings. So technical it should be possible to run it on this laptop as well.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

C

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello CSchm11,

Thank you for the information provided.

It is important to recall that your computer works with hybrid graphics and

based on this information, one graphics controller could affect the performance/stability of the other controller settings.

For this issue, I would like to suggest the following steps and then check if the options appear or not:

• I would recommend you to install the latest graphics driver released by your system manufacturer first and check if the option to override the application settings is available in the control panel or not. I was able to get the website with the list of the drivers available for your laptop:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7778?b=1

Note: The driver is listed as VGA, Vendor Intel.

• Also, if the issue persists I recommend you to install the latest graphics driver released by us. It is important to mention that this is a generic driver, we recommend to use the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) because they are customized according to the computer requirements and hardware needs.

You can get the latest graphics driver released by us visiting the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28567/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

• After every installation please check that you have chosen and loaded the application desire, then try to override the application settings.

Attached to this post there is a PDF file with the steps to load the application in the Intel® Graphics Control Panel.

I recommend you to test with different applications and check if the options are the same, including the option to override the application settings.

Regards, 

Abigail G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Under Contract to Intel Corporation.

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello CSchm11, I was checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to perform the steps recommended previously? Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
CSchm11
Beginner

Hello Abigail.

I was busy latley, so sorry for the late replay.

The 3d Settings of the control panel didn't help at all. I have tinkered with them before I ask here in the forum.

I have the latest driver with a verification from acer. It's was published in january. I tried to install your latest generic driver. Unfortunally the system dienes it. I have downloaded the zip version and has pointed the system to it through the manager. But it tells me that it will not install it. Even when i uninstall the current driver it dinies. So i think i have to get rid of all drivers with acer verification. So this is something which i will do only when i have some more time. I also has make a second request to acer according to this problem. So i deceided to wait for there answer also.

Thanks for your help

regards

C

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello CSchm11, Thank you for the updates. If you would like to share the outcomes from the recommendations provided by Acer, feel free to post in this thread. Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
CSchm11
Beginner

Hello Abigail,

It take some time for Acer to answer. They could not help at all.

It seems the Laptop has some battery problems. I wait for the retailer to answer my complain.

Bur after the battery droped dead for half a day, strangely i could solve the problem with the lag by using the 3D Options of the intel control panel. Maybe the computer was the problem and not the intel graphic. So the checkbox is still missing, but the problem is solved. I do not understand why the battery breakdown changed something but it seems to be. I used this adjustments before. Than they didn't work at all.

I thank you for your help and your patient.

Regards

C

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello CSchm11, Thank you for sharing the updates with us. I am glad to know that the troubleshooting steps you have performed shed light on this problem. It was a pleasure to assist in this request, for any other questions or concerns regarding your Intel Graphics adapter, do not hesitate to contact us back. Best Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos