Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Win10 DirectDraw/Direct3D colour pallette is broken on Intel HD/UHD graphics driver > 26.20.100.6999

mtimchenko
Beginner

Hello

I'm observing the issue with the color palette on Windows 10 for application using DirectDraw/Direct3d for video-output (it is a CCTV application).

Issue example: yellow color is displayed as cyan, all picture is red-tinted etc.

This is happening on Windows 10 Pro 20H2, build 19042.867 up-to-date (also checked on 2004 and below)

Intel HD/UHD graphics 6xx driver with no palette issues : 26.20.100.6999

Intel HD/UHD graphics 6xx driver starting from 26.20.100.7000 onward (up to the latest available) has that issue with palette.

What might be the suggestion ?

thanks in advance

Max

0 Kudos
13 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello mtimchenko

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Please share with us some screenshots/pictures of the problem, the amount of systems affected by this and the results of the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)  

• Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
  • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
mtimchenko
Beginner

Hi David.

Thank you - see files attached.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello mtimchenko

Thank you for the information provided. We would like to do some testing to replicate this, please name the affected applications and let us know if this happens on Windows desktop.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
mtimchenko
Beginner

Thanks David.

Yes it happens on Windows 10 laptop and multiple desktops (all with Intel graphics).

as of application name - it is software called "I-Command Workstation" but I am not sure if you can get it somewhere.

I can assist in providing remote access to the laptop with issue though.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello mtimchenko

We will investigate this request and post the details on this thread, in case we need more information we will let you know.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
mtimchenko
Beginner

thanks very much & looking forward

Max

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello mtimchenko

After testing the different drivers mentioned, we didn't find a common issues. The color palette problem seems to be related directly to the software you use. This software is not commercially available, so we are not able to do the testing on our side. We recommend that you check directly with the software support for more information or different troubleshooting steps.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
mtimchenko
Beginner

Thank you very much for your assistance !

Yes, it does make sense and I thought about that as as well.

However , as I noticed, that software is OK with Intel graphics driver up to 26.20.100.6999.

Where can I get any information what might be changed after 26.20.100.6999 and having this side effect ?

thanks

Max

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello mtimchenko,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

For our drivers you can check directly in the Download Documentation section in the respective website for each driver, you should be able to see the changes that the driver comes with, in the release notes section, in the following link you will find all the drivers we have available for your Intel® HD Graphics 620, just bear in mind that the driver that you found no issues with doesn’t appear there; however, it can well be a customized driver coming from Lenovo’s website, and in that case, you can contact them because they should have similar documentation like the one we have on our end for their customized releases.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
mtimchenko
Beginner

Hi Victor.

Thank you.

I've checked that link before and found it useless as Intel unfortunately does not keep all old drivers and drivers I'm interested in has been removed.

As of drivers I used - I took it from Microsoft Update Catalog :

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com

Is there any other way to get documentation to compare ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello mtimchenko,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In regards to the documentation needed for a comparison between both customized and generic drivers, as we were discussing all the drivers we have available at the moment along with their respective information can be found in the link above, as per any documentation from old/new customized drivers you will need to get in touch with Lenovo’s support.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
mtimchenko
Beginner

Thanks Victor.

Could you please clarify why should I ask Lenovo support ? I do not use their graphics driver anyhow.

as I mentioned in the previous message - I used Intel generic driver available through Microsoft Update Catalog. It is not Lenovo-branded.

Thanks

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello mtimchenko

Some drivers are removed from the downloadcenter for security reasons or because there are new versions available, if they're removed we won't get them back or their documentation. As an alternative, if you're using a laptop or a desktop computer from a specific brand, the OEM might still have older drivers available that might help you find the information requested.

In this case, we still recommend that you check with the software support for more information, you might need a software update or they might recommend a different software for their products.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos