Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Windows 10 Fall creators update, no HDMI output on HD Graphics 630

tw1
Beginner

A few days ago I updated to the Fall Creators version (1709) of Windows 10 Pro (64bits) and everything seems to be working except that I cannot connect to my television over HDMI. With another laptop (on the older windows 10) it still works. Since then I've updated the HD630 to the newest version but it didn't help. My laptop is an Asus zenbook pro UX550VD and it has an GTX1050 next to the HD630.

When I connect to the television I do see that it connects but there is not output (except sometimes a flickering line at the top of thre screen).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

At first try another HDMI cable and another TV or monitor to isolate the laptop as the culprit.

There is a brand new BIOS for your rig at https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-Pro-UX550VD/HelpDesk_BIOS/ ASUS ZenBook Pro UX550VD BIOS & FIRMWARE| Laptops | ASUS USA with an obscure desciption that might help

Version 303

2017/10/10

Optimize system performance

As usual BIOS flashing is at your own risk

Ask at https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?38-Notebooks ASUS' Notebooks forum if you need help with that.

0 Kudos
tw1
Beginner

I regretfully don't have a spare monitor that works on HDMI. But my other laptop works perfectly with this HDMI cable and this monitor and before I updated Windows 10 to the Fall Creators (1709) it also worked. I also just noticed that the monitor works up until windows starts. So when restarting my laptop, I do see the ASUS startup logo but then it freezes on my monitor while on my laptop screen I do see the windows login screen and am able to login but all of this doesn't appear on the monitor. When I then pull the HDMI cable from my laptop and insert it again I keep seeing this ASUS logo on the monitor.

The driver version I am using:

0 Kudos
tw1
Beginner

I managed to get my monitor working by downgrading to version: 21.20.16.4627

0 Kudos