Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Windows 10 Got Black Screen and it is driving me mad. !!!

PAsch
Beginner

From Event log I se this all the time.

Screen driver igfx stopped responding and are restored.

Then: Screen driver igfx stopped responding and was restored.

And then I get following error:

497/5000

The application-specific access settings do not allow Local Activation to access the COM server program with the CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457c-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{} 15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402

for the user DESKTOP-P96Q7DU pool SID (S-1-5-21-2255908913-2158958061-2156756340-1001) from the address LocalHost (via LRPC) running in the program container Not available SID (Not available). This security permission can be edited using the component services management tool.

I have try to Update my system many times for the last 3 month and the system always says it is up to date.

And I have also try to use Intel Update and this has updated to latest version 20.19.15 5063.

My system is the following setup:

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z97-HD3

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (32-bit)

Intel® Core™ i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Intel® 9 Series Chipset Family

Intel® HD Graphics 4600

INTEL SSDSC2BW240A4

Etc.

PS:Some message is translated from Danish to Enlish.

Hope you can help me. !!

Best Regards

Poul

IT Systemconsult.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the version and build of Windows 10?

Have you update your gigabyte bios?

I have two machines running 4600 graphics and neither have an issue.

Doc

0 Kudos
PAsch
Beginner

Yes Bios is at latest stable version F9, not beta. F10C.

And my Windows 10 Home says up to date.

Windows 10 Home

Version: 1809

Installed: 13-03-2019

Build: 17763.437

I have seen this error come and go. And I can not tell when this happends.

Most of the time is when using Office 365 and Google Crome. Some times it only black out when

using some Office 365 programs. Reading mails in Oiutlook, Writing dokument in Word or Excel and show some video etc.

Most of the time it came when using some Graphics thing. I have found out that some have seen this when running games.

I do not use my PC for Games at all.

Hope this will help to solve this thing that is drving my creazy.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello PAsch, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I would like to know if you have tried a clean installation of the graphics drivers, if not, please follow the steps below: 1 - Download the .zip driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496 2 - Disconnect the computer from the internet.  3 - Go to device manager and check under display adapters. 4 - Right-click on the Intel ® Integrated Graphics, select the option uninstall and keep going until you only have Microsoft's basic display adapter. 5 - Unzip the file you downloaded previously. 6 - Right-click on the Microsoft's basic display adapter and select "Update driver". 7 - Select the option "Browse my computer for driver software. 8 - Select the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".  9 - Select the option "Have disk". 10 - Select the option "Browse". 11 - Access the designated location or folder where you unzipped the driver downloaded and access a folder called "Graphics".  12 - Select the setup information file (Typically named either "idglh64" or "igdlh"). 13 - Click on open and then click OK, finally click Next and the drivers will begin to install.  14 - Reboot your computer when the installation is completed. I hope this steps address the graphics issue shown in the event log as well as the screen black out. If not, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PAsch
Beginner

Sory but this did not help. I have uploaded the dxdiag result.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello PAsch, Thank you for your response. Can you please provide me with a screenshot of the event viewer showing the message you mentioned about the graphics stopping? This is important information I will need to analyze. Also, do you know when the issue started? Has it always been present or did it start recently? Let me know so I can assist you further. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PAsch
Beginner

Hope this can help.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello PAsch, Thank you for providing the information requested. We will review it and get back to you soon. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello PAsch, Thank you for patiently waiting. Please provide me with an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Also, please provide me with a graphics report, you can follow the steps in the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html Finally, please download and run our Intel ® Processor Diagnostic Tool, you can download it in the link below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Let me know the results. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PAsch
Beginner

This is the Files and report for the test.

0 Kudos
PAsch
Beginner

Another test file

0 Kudos
PAsch
Beginner

One more file

0 Kudos
PAsch
Beginner

System Support Utility

0 Kudos
PAsch
Beginner

One more files

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello PAsch, Thank you for your patience. I have been reviewing the information and in fact, the issue does not seem to be GPU/CPU related. This could be related to motherboard drivers, make sure you have installed the chipset driver as well as other possible components offered by the system manufacturer. Also check the RAM, if possible try another DIMM to test this. You can also check if the impacted apps require DirectX 12 since your CPU supports DirectX 11.1 maximum. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello PAsch, Were you able to check my post? Let me know if you need more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello PAsch, Please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos