Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Windows 10 (HP) Screen Brightness keeps auto-adjusting

ABristolian
Beginner

Thanks in advance for any help, everyone...

I have an HP Windows 10 which keeps auto-adjusting, without having any option (not on Windows Settings / Control Panel / Intel Graphics app) to disable some kind of adaptive brightness option.

The PC is using Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, I see on DxDiag.

Can anyone help? (let me know what I might need to provide)

Thank you,

Micke

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ABristolian
Beginner

Power Options >> Change Plan Settings >>Advanced Power Options don't show any adaptive brightness option either.

0 Kudos
ABristolian
Beginner

Well, to be clear, here's DxDiag:

ABristolian_0-1604678605421.pngABristolian_1-1604678620775.pngABristolian_2-1604678638899.png

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

ABristolian, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before, meaning that if this scenario about "Screen Brightness auto-adjusting" was there before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello ABristolian, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello ABristolian, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos