Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Windows 10, Intel HD 2500 driver (VDDM 1.3) not working for old games

JBeho
Beginner

Hello to Everyone ,

To my PC: All in One C540, Intel Pentium 3.00GHz, 4.00 GB RAM, Integrated Graphic Card Intel HD 2500, HDD 500 GB

I haven't any problems with all OpenGL games on my PC with Windows 7 (x64) with installed DirectX 9c. Everything is OK, but after update to Windows 10 (W10) more than 90% games are crashed, after first run is black sreen (W10 detects a message, W10 stopped working for this app... no code for message ). I have a new driver for Intel HD 2500 (vddm 1.3) and there is not idea how to solve it. When I used old driver (9.17.10.2963 dated on 16.1.2013 - vddm 1.2), everything is also OK, but problem is with automatic updates which I need for my PC safety... almost every time the driver is changed to the new.

Is there any possibility to include into the new driver something what was ok for old drive (vddm 1.2)? or any idea how to solve everyday problem with graphic card driver? Now I am switching of autoupdates for W10, but it's not so good for my safety...

Many thanks for your help.

Jerry00769

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Jerry00769,

Could you please let us know the driver version you're running and the games you're trying to play?

Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JBeho
Beginner

Hello Amy

thanks so much for your response. For running games I use old graphic card driver: 9.17.10.2963 dated on 16.1.2013.

After automatic update the new graphic driver with game problems is: 10.18.10.4276 dated on 17.8.2015 (also the same for newest).

Following games have problems:

- Return to Castle Wolfenstein

- Need for Sped Hot Pursuit 2010

- others (I deleted....)

But there is an information in Windows center: no optimal resolution therefore I tryed to change in properties for games with issues and the result is the same.

please see enclosed screen pictures (Czech language).

Thanks for your help and cooperation

Jerry00769

p.s. you know, old games are good for this AIO pc because there is optimal setting between processor performance and integrated graphic card

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Checking the specifications for the games you mentioned, I noticed that they all refer to the previous Windows operating systems and just bear in mind that for Windows graphics engine on Windows® 10 is completely different to those versions, so it's possible that those old games are not fully compatible with your current operating system what I would recommend is to contact the game support in order to see if they have any patches available for Windows 10.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos