Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Windows 10 Intel HD Graphics 530 26.20.100.7156

GVale9
Beginner

26.20.100.7156 is causing many of my users screens to flicker. Its a HP G2's and G3's with planer PL2210W Monitors will the newest version stop this. I did do a roll back to 23.20.16.4849 and it stopped.

p.s. this is only happening to re-imaged windows 7 desktops.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, provide a link to the 26.20.100,.7156 driver.

And, are you trying to use a DCH driver on Windows 7?

Doc

0 Kudos
GVale9
Beginner

i cant find a link to to that version

0 Kudos
DZapa2
Beginner

we are a 200 users company, 7 users are complaining about similar issue with this update, Intel graphics 530 and 630, they are getting a black every so often for a couple of seconds.

We are using Intel i5 (Gen 6-7-8) 6500T, Windows 10. I keep rolling back but windows is keeping pushing the update, very annoying.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Provide a link to the 7156 driver. And, are you attempting to use a DCH driver on Windows 7?

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am not sure why you will not answer the question about Windows 7.

However, the latest driver for Windows 10 (for your i5-6500T processor) is here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29113?product=88183

And, for Windows 7 here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28694?product=88183

Doc

0 Kudos
DZapa2
Beginner

Thanks for your effort, in my case with the windows 10 driver, this version didn't work, I think is not a DCH driver.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello GVale9

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I was checking this thread and would like to know if you need further assistance. If so, could you please provide the following information?

1- Does the issue happen on systems with a fresh install of Windows® 10? (No re-imaged from Windows® 7).

2- How are you connecting the display? (video outputs, video cable types, adapters, etc):

3- Please confirm the exact model and SKU number for the HP systems affected:

4- Please provide a DxDiag report:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  3. Click on Save All Information (save it on the desktop).
  4. Open the report.
  5. Use the option "save all information" to save the .TXT file to the desktop. 

Note: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello GVale9

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
SITS0
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I have the same problems with 5 pc and driver 26.20.100.7156.

If I rollback the driver to 25.20.100.6615 the video start to work correctly.

1.Yes

2. Display Port (DP)

3. Prodesk 400 G2 - P5K20EA

Best regards

0 Kudos
DZapa2
Beginner

Hello Everyone:

Here a solution that worked for the Intel graphics 530

Run: gpedit.msc

Navigate to: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update

and then:

Enable "do no include drivers with windows updates"

Now you have completely uninstall the driver causing the issue.

Finally install an older version of the Intel Graphics 530.

I found mine in the HP website using the model number of the computers. 

Note: This solution worked for all Windows 10 (I don't know if works for windows 7) using intel graphics 530, But it didn't worked for the intel graphics 630, I still looking. 

0 Kudos
RPark9
Beginner

I have the same problem with 3 machines. Rolling back to the 26.20.100.6615 fixes the problem.

These machines have a DP and VGA output. It happens regardless of whether you have one or two monitors connected. Sometimes the monitors will flicker at the same time. Other times within half a second of each other. Sometimes only one monitor at a time.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello SITS0 and RPark9.

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding the issue described in this thread, we noticed it is related to driver version 26.20.100.7156. This seems to be one of the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customized drivers available on the HP website. This is a link as a reference*: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-prodesk-400-g2-desktop-mini-pc/7638316

Some of the HP PC models described seem to come with VGA and DisplayPort™ (DP) video outputs. It is worth mentioning that 6th generation processors and newer models do not have native support for VGA, thus a converter has been placed by the OEM when designing the system. Having said that, we recommend using a straight-through connection (HDMI-to-HDMI, DP-to-DP) with a single cable.

Since the issue seems to happen only with the OEM driver 26.20.100.7156 and it is solved when rolling back to a previous (also OEM) driver, for instance, 26.20.100.6615, this is pointing out that there could be an issue with the configuration or customization of the driver affected.

In this case, the latest Intel® generic driver can be tested to see if the issue is solved. Please follow these steps to remove the driver: Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver

Then, download the latest Intel® HD Graphics 530 driver, version 26.20.100.7372.

If the issue persists after testing with driver version 26.20.100.7372, we recommend contacting your OEM and report the issue and ask them for an updated and customized driver. If after working with your OEM an issue is found on the latest driver, the OEM should work directly with Intel® to solve the issue.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

SITS0
Beginner

Thank you Andrew, the new driver fixed the issue. I had just to download the .zip file and install the new driver through "computer management". For some reason the .exe package gave me the "The Driver Being Installed is not Validated for this Computer

" message.

0 Kudos
哲塩谷00
Beginner

Hi,

I've met the similar problem on Windows 10 with the driver 'Intel HD Graphics 530 (26.20.100.7156)'.

"Blackout" happens when I drag the window edge. Also it takes about 2 seconds to back to normal.

This problem stopped after the rolling back to old version (26.20.16.4551).

Thanks

0 Kudos
MAlau
Beginner

Hi,

We got the same problem with HP computer Proone 600 G3. We use 20.20.100.7156 with Intel HD Graphics 530 and we have screen glitter. Rollback is useless because the intel graphic could be upgrade without Windows update automatically. Do you have any informations ? Why the Intel graphic card applying update when windows update is stop.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MAlau,

The Intel® Graphics card does not have an embedded feature for automatic drivers updates, this would be most likely something related to the operating system or a separate tool installed on the computer. In this case, we recommend you to double-check the update options (including automatic push of driver updates) with Microsoft® support or with HP* support in case any software from their side was installed.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos