Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Core Isolation issues with latest Intel HD driver

winbetaxp
Beginner

Core isolation - memory integrity turns off because the latest windows 10 driver update  v9.17.10.4459 (5/19/2016) has issues with oem6.inf and igdkmd64.sys   Windows 10 Pro  v21H1  build date 19043.1266   can't use the security feature 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have a 2nd generation Core processor. It is 10 years old. It was discontinued before Windows 10 was ever released. Intel did not support the use of Windows 10 with discontinued processors. Intel specifically did not provide drivers the for the processor's graphics engine. You are running using a compatibility driver provided by Microsoft. As you have found, it has many problems. Microsoft is not providing support for this driver. It will not be updated.

To my mind, you really have only two choices here, (1) Install a third-party graphics solution that is still being supported on Windows 10 or (2) purchase a more-modern processor and motherboard.

Sorry there isn't a better answer,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There is no Intel driver for your graphics for windows 10.   All you have is the Microsoft generic driver which lacks features and performance.

Sorry, time to upgrade to a new or newer machine which supports windows 10.  I suggest one with an 8th gen or later processor.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello winbetaxp,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your processor?

2. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

3. What is the brand and model name of your laptop or motherboard (desktop computer)?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
winbetaxp
Beginner

Thanks for your support.  

its a pc desktop build 

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM  motherboard -latest bios 4501 (2013/08/08)

I-CORE 3  2120  3.30 Ghz  Intel CPU 775

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have a 2nd generation Core processor. It is 10 years old. It was discontinued before Windows 10 was ever released. Intel did not support the use of Windows 10 with discontinued processors. Intel specifically did not provide drivers the for the processor's graphics engine. You are running using a compatibility driver provided by Microsoft. As you have found, it has many problems. Microsoft is not providing support for this driver. It will not be updated.

To my mind, you really have only two choices here, (1) Install a third-party graphics solution that is still being supported on Windows 10 or (2) purchase a more-modern processor and motherboard.

Sorry there isn't a better answer,

...S

0 Kudos
winbetaxp
Beginner

Thanks for your help. As for the the TPM 2.0 solution i do have a header on my board but its useless.  I will have to buy a new Asus motherboard that supports Windows 11. As for the 2nd generation cpu and latest bios updates available thats all I can have with this board.

If my motherboard has TPM Header, do I still need to purchase the TPM 2.0 module (Card) separately in order to support windows 11?

A5. No, if your motherboard is not listed on support list, it means your motherboard does not meet the minimum requirements to support windows 11 even though you install other TPM 2.0 module (Card) on your motherboard. (Processor is also required to support windows 11)

0 Kudos
winbetaxp
Beginner

Thanks for your quick reply and help. I found some info from Microsoft about Security Processor and my TPM 20-pin connector is on my board but shows nothing in my bios about disable/enabling this feature. If upgrading the cpu will this give me this feature or is it thru the bios setting? My last update for this motherboard 2013/08/08  How would I get the TPM to work with a Asus 20-pin module if there is no setting showing in the bios ? 

If your trust platform module (TPM) isn't working properly you may see an error message and need to troubleshoot it.

Error messages

This is where you'll see any relevant error messages about your security processor. Here's a list of the error messages that might appear:

• A firmware update is needed for your security processor (TPM).

Check with your device's manufacturer to see if a firmware update is available and how to get and install it.

• TPM is disabled and requires attention.

The trusted platform module is probably disabled in the system BIOS. Refer to your device manufacturer's support documentation, or contact their technical support, for instructions on how to enable it.

• TPM storage is not available. Please clear your TPM.

The clear TPM button is on this page. You'll want to make sure you have a good backup of your data before proceeding.

• Device health attestation isn't available. Please clear your TPM.

The clear TPM button is on this page. You'll want to make sure you have a good backup of your data before proceeding.

• Device health attestation isn't supported on this device.

• Your TPM isn't compatible with your firmware, and may not be working properly.

Check with your device's manufacturer to see if a firmware update is available and how to get and install it.

• TPM measured boot log is missing. Try restarting your device.

• There is a problem with your TPM. Try restarting your device.

If you still encounter problems after addressing an error message, contact your device manufacturer for assistance.

Clear TPM

Select Clear TPM to reset your security processor to its default settings. Make sure to back up your data before you clear the TPM.

Send feedback

Select Send feedback to open the Windows Feedback Hub where you can submit feedback to Microsoft on the issues you're having with the Security Processor.

0 Kudos
fgrieu
Beginner

I have the same issue with an Intel-branded computer, advertized as compatible with Windows 10 ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/83254/intel-nuc-kit-nuc5i5ryk/specifications.html ).

That's a NUCi5RYB, with a Core i5-5250U CPU. It's only possible video output is Intel HD Graphic 6000. But AFAIK no existing driver for that is compatible with Windows"s 10 kernel isolation feature.

I'm reading the "accepted solution" for this thread as an invitation to bite that bullet (rather than a solution).

0 Kudos