Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

Windows 10 & 11 DCH Driver Update

DuffMulligan
Beginner

The Intel Graphics Windows 10 & 11 DCH Driver update installed and now my CPU and Screen cannot see each other. Therefore, I cannot see anything on my CPU. How do I reverse the driver update with my inability to see my machine?

(I have changed out the cables, tried a different screen, reboot the machine a number of times. I am convinced it is the new driver.)

I have a Dell XPS8930 and a Dell 2200 monitor.

Assistance?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @DuffMulligan

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to understand better this behavior, could you please provide us with the following details?

1- Do you see any POST code, beep code, or LED blinking pattern? Do you hear if the fans are spinning?

Have you tried using minimal configuration? For instance, disconnecting all non-necessary peripherals, adapters, external drives, etc?

2- When you said "CPU and Screen cannot see each other", do you mean there is no image on the screen? For instance, is it only a black screen? Are you able to see the BIOS POST screen and boot into the BIOS? Do you see the Windows* loading screen?

3- We understand that you tested different cables and another display. Just to make sure, did you also test different video ports on the computer? For instance, HDMI*, DisplayPort*, etc?

Also, as per Dell* website, the Dell* XPS 8930 may include a discrete video card. Is this the same configuration on your system? If yes, have you tested using only the onboard video ports?

4- Are you able to boot in the "Safe or Recovery" Mode? Computers manufacturers (OEM) usually offer a series of boot options for diagnostic and recovery. This is launched by a key or key combination when powering on the system. How to launch the option (if available) may vary from one OEM to another, so we recommend contacting Dell* Support for assistance to run any Diagnostic, Recover, or Safe mode feature available for your system. Also, we found this article from Dell* with some steps regarding options like "Verify display or video issue in Windows Safe Mode, Windows® System Restore", etc.: How to Troubleshoot Display or Video Issues on a Dell Monitor. For proper assistance with those steps, we recommend verifying with Dell* Support team.

5- How was the said driver installed? Did you manually download it or did you use any software? Do you know the driver version that was installed?

6- What is the model of the Processor and Intel® Graphics Controller? Is this Windows* 10 or Windows* 11 and what is its full version number/build?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello DuffMulligan

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello DuffMulligan

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos