Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Windows 10 lag spikes

noobifiod
Beginner

I've been having a lot of crashes and lag running chrome and browser games lately, so I caught a few clips of it happening to make it clear what I'm experiencing.

Could anyone offer some advice? I can't overclock, and I'm using a windows 10 laptop.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_G_Intel

Hello noobifiod

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

From the information provided, we see that the system has some updates pending. You're using the latest Intel graphics driver but we recommend the customized drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer, you can update the drivers yourself with the ones on their website or your can contact the support. We recommend checking with their support for the updates since your BIOS is also not the latest and this is something only they can determine if it's necessary and help you with it.

In case that the issue persists after the updates, please share with us the following:

• Does this happen with other applications?
  • Did you complete all Windows updates?
  • Which version of Chrome do you use?
  • Does this same thing happen with other browsers?
  • Did it work properly before? If it did, what changed on your system?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
noobifiod
Beginner

ok I think I did this right, please tell me if you need any more info

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello noobifiod

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

From the information provided, we see that the system has some updates pending. You're using the latest Intel graphics driver but we recommend the customized drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer, you can update the drivers yourself with the ones on their website or your can contact the support. We recommend checking with their support for the updates since your BIOS is also not the latest and this is something only they can determine if it's necessary and help you with it.

In case that the issue persists after the updates, please share with us the following:

• Does this happen with other applications?
  • Did you complete all Windows updates?
  • Which version of Chrome do you use?
  • Does this same thing happen with other browsers?
  • Did it work properly before? If it did, what changed on your system?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos