Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
MMois1
Beginner

The url you provided is for 2nd gen. processor and video card from 2/3000 series and it doesn't work for my DELL Inspiron N5110 laptop. I have 2nd gen with 4000 series video!

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi MihaiMoisei,

The graphics series is indicative of the processor. You cannot mix/match. If you have a 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processor, you have HD3000 or HD2000. HD4000 graphics are for 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors only.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

I checked the combination of the Intel driver 3345 and the AMD stable Catalyst 13.9 driver also for the case when the AMD card acts as primary and it worked flawlessly. So I can safely say that the issue with the driver 3316 has been at least for my hardware (the motherboard Intel DZ77GA-70K, the processor Intel 3770K and the AMD card HD 6450) completely resolved. I am sorry to hear that for some others, especially those with laptops without third party cards, this has not been the case.

0 Kudos
DSali1
Beginner

I'm running an HP Pavilion 23bw monitor through a ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock and using a Lenovo Yoga 11S. The monitor doesn't work with the updated driver for this configuration under Windows 8.1 whereas the previous driver that was with Windows 8 worked with no problems. I can plug an HDMI cable from the laptop to the monitor and there are no issues with the new driver.

Looks like the USB 3.0 Dock scenario wasn't accommodated for with the Windows 8.1 driver update.

0 Kudos
GHenr2
Novice

Having read Hirollerca's post above, I realized, that I've also been using an USB3 dock (J5 Create Ultra Station) all the time without even thinking about it.

...so I went back and tried to connect the second monitor directly to my laptop and tried all the different drivers suggested in this thread - to no avail. I'm still getting code 43.

Almost two months after the 8.1 upgrade my computer's still chugging along with a wndows basic driver and no second monitor. It's nice trying to do CADwork on a 13'' screen...

0 Kudos
AMill24
Beginner

@FinnGus - I had the same issue w/ code 43 and a USB 3.0 adapter. As I posted in page 32 of the thread, I needed to uninstall the 3rd party drivers for the adapter. Once I did this everything else works perfectly. It was a huge pain in the a$$, and I wasted a month of my time on this.

0 Kudos
jlang11
Beginner

Hi Nic,

I've attached my System information as requested.

I'm running a 13.3" Series 5 Ultrabook (NP530U3C-A07AU), with latest Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver.

I even tried to install the AMD catalyst one but the laptop refused to install it.

I'm getting the Code 43 error on the driver properties page...

The main issue being that I can't switch to my 22inch Samsung Monitor as it's not recognised.

Hope there's a solution soon.

0 Kudos
selen1
Beginner

My situation... 

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

- Other: I can't install the Version 3361. I have tried uninstalling the driver, but I can't uninstall back to the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", since it's stuck at version 6.3.9600.16384.

/message/209593# 209593

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

- Yes

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

- Nvidia GeForce 750M

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

- Driver Version: 1.2.9.0

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

-ASUS N550JV

0 Kudos
DSilv21
Beginner

Sempre Achei que poderia melhorar meu site com a intel será que posso ? https://fazerdinheiroonline.net.br/ganhar-dinheiro-na-internet/

0 Kudos