Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Windows 8 seems to have broken HDMI on Intel HD graphics

idata
Employee

Hi all,

I have an Intel Core i5 2400S processor (/w hd2000 graphics) attached to an Asus P8H67-I DELUXE B3 mainboard. I used to run Windows 7 Home 64bit on it outputting to a TV through the HDMI port. When I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro 64bit, the HDMI port just stopped working. I've tried it with a different TV, a monitor /w HDMI, another couple of HDMI cables, and all combinations thereof, but no luck. I tried installing the Intel reference drivers from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22082&lang=eng here, but still no luck. I ensured the mainboard is running the latest 0905 BIOS. I can get to the BIOS setup using HDMI. When Windows 8 loads, the screen goes blank. The DVI-output works fine, but it's useless to me, because my TV doesn't have a DVI-input. Any help appreciated, thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi stenu,

Can you provide the following information about your system for me:

-Graphics driver version installed currently

-Which ASUS graphics driver you were using beforehand if any

After checking the ASUS support site fight your board; it doesn't look like they've released any recent Win7 display drivers in a while, let alone Win8 ones. Just something to keep in mind.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi nic, and thanks for the reply. I had to go back to Win7, because I needed the machine functional. I'm going to wait a couple of months before I try 8 again. Anyway, for the brief moment that I had 8 on it, first I had whatever driver version came with 8, don't remember which. After I noticed HDMI not working, I tried the Intel generic driver version 15.28.8.64.2875, which didn't work either. Now, back on 7, I seem to have version 9.17.10.2867 from SP1.

0 Kudos