Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Windows Sleep mode issues on 11th gen Intel

Xillvion
New Contributor I

With my Acer Aspire A515-56 laptop which the CPU inside is a i5-1135G7 , trying to put the system to sleep doesn't seem to work as intended, unlike my 10th gen laptop, also from Acer, which works very well, including in Windows 11.

If I want to put the system to sleep, I have to occasionally do it twice in order for it to work. Plugging out the charger or turning it off will wake up the system for a few seconds before going back to sleep, the display doesn't turn on however. But if I plug back the charger and turn it on, it will wake up both the system and the display, the system will then keep running while the display turns off again.

Sometimes, it may even malfunction the Intel Graphics driver by causing graphical glitches or having the title bar show the Windows 7 Aero Basic theme for a few milliseconds.

Tried Ubuntu 21.10 two months? ago and if I remembered correctly, telling the OS to suspend aka sleep worked.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Xillvion,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Was the feature working before with your computer?

3. Have you made any changes to the BIOS?

4. Have you checked with Acer for further information?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I
  1. Provided below
  2. Never at all worked on this system, including in Windows 10.
  3. I updated the UEFI twice, no change to sleep mode functionality.
  4. While I was testing the older graphics driver provided by Acer for game related issues, I noticed during boot up that the display brightness doesn't go down before going to the correct value for a few milliseconds unlike the latest generic ones which does that.

Could that be the reason why my system won't sleep properly? My previous 10th Gen Intel UHD Graphics Acer laptop used generic drivers as well, but there's no problem.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Xillvion, 

Thanks for all the information provided. In this case, I would like you to try the following:

1. Try with the latest Acer drivers.

2. Try to get in contact with Acer for RMA or a hardware review.

3. Check with Microsoft for instructions.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I
  1. Tried out those drivers, still the same problem, actually even worse.
  2. I doubt it's a hardware issue
  3. I don't have any problems with them.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Xillvion, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Xillvion, 

We would like to try to replicate this issue, to be able to do it, please provide the following:

1. Take a short video where we can see the issue.

2. Provide steps to replicate this behavior (if available) to make sure that are following your exact steps.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I

I will try to get the problem to show up, since it's hard to do so. But you forgot one thing relating to my other post and it's about disabling the Windows fast startup option under the Control Panel power options. By doing that, I started noticing a minor issue with UEFI startup. And I correctly updated the firmware, so I might need some time to look into my hardware before dealing with sleep mode issues.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Xillvion, 

I understand you will need more time to get the steps and the video. I will be waiting for your response.

Thank you so much for your time.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I

You know what, just close this request.

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Xillvion, 

Understand the situation, I will proceed to close this thread as you requested. Bear in mind that you can check with the laptop manufacturer in order to check this issue further.

Thanks for your time and comprehension.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos